GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   bottlebrush: prune? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/84838-bottlebrush-prune.html)

Hugh Chaloner 11-10-2004 12:27 AM

bottlebrush: prune?

Hi,

I have a botlebrush which is getting a bit too big and scraggly, can I
prune it?

hc

bigboard 11-10-2004 10:00 AM

Hugh Chaloner wrote:

Hi,

I have a botlebrush which is getting a bit too big and scraggly, can I
prune it?

hc

I don't know the official advice, but before I had to dig mine up, I pruned
it hard and with no particular method. I usually did this 'round about now.
It always flowered beautifully!

--
"The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a bit
longer."

Chris Hogg 12-10-2004 06:10 PM

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 00:27:03 +0100, (Hugh
Chaloner) wrote:

Hi,

I have a botlebrush which is getting a bit too big and scraggly, can I
prune it?

hc

AIUI they will take hard pruning and shoot well from the stumps. But
if you do it now, the young growth may not be hardened off in time for
the frosts, so IIWY I'd wait until after it flowers.

--
Chris