GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Where to get Correx to make cold frame? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/84856-where-get-correx-make-cold-frame.html)

Chris 11-10-2004 01:29 PM

Where to get Correx to make cold frame?

Where can I get Correx?

I want to make a cold frame to grow vegetables through the winter.
Correx seems to be the best glazing material.
Do you agree?

I've never seen it on sale.
Do you know where it can be obtained?

Also - any design ideas would be welcomed.
--
Chris

Mike Lyle 11-10-2004 05:52 PM

Chris wrote:
Where can I get Correx?

I want to make a cold frame to grow vegetables through the winter.
Correx seems to be the best glazing material.
Do you agree?

I've never seen it on sale.
Do you know where it can be obtained?

Also - any design ideas would be welcomed.

I did a quick Google search on correx and found, among others:
http://www.mugi.co.uk/bgwhite/wherecorrex.htm

Searching on twinwall, results included:
http://www.diyplastics.com/twinwallpricelist.htm

No idea if these are up to date, but you'll know better what you're
looking for than I do anyhow.

I wonder if some of the DIY sheds may be able to help.

Mike.

Franz Heymann 11-10-2004 09:08 PM

"Chris" ] wrote in message
]...
Where can I get Correx?

I want to make a cold frame to grow vegetables through the winter.
Correx seems to be the best glazing material.
Do you agree?

I've never seen it on sale.
Do you know where it can be obtained?

Also - any design ideas would be welcomed.

I have never heard of Correx. It sounds like some trade name for
something. What is it?

Franz

Mike Lyle 11-10-2004 11:29 PM

Franz Heymann wrote:
"Chris" ] wrote in message
]...
Where can I get Correx?

I want to make a cold frame to grow vegetables through the winter.
Correx seems to be the best glazing material.
Do you agree?

I've never seen it on sale.
Do you know where it can be obtained?

Also - any design ideas would be welcomed.

I have never heard of Correx. It sounds like some trade name for
something. What is it?

Fran

Clear polycarbonate. I assume our friend wants the hollow kind, with
outer skins held apart by parallel webs. I think "Twinwall" is
another brand.

Mike.

David Hill 12-10-2004 09:49 AM

Correx is a lower quality twin wall polycarbonate sheet, which is good for
making shelters, frames. cloches etc, whilst "Twin walled Poly carb" is
usually used to describe the higher quality product as against "Triple
walled"
Could be worth contacting
http://www.kaysersberg-plastics.com/index.htm ( Products..construction)

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Franz Heymann 12-10-2004 05:39 PM

"David Hill" wrote in message
Correx is a lower quality twin wall polycarbonate sheet, which is

good for
making shelters, frames. cloches etc, whilst "Twin walled Poly carb"

is
usually used to describe the higher quality product as against

"Triple
walled"
Could be worth contacting
http://www.kaysersberg-plastics.com/index.htm (

Products..construction)

Ahh. Thanks, David.
In that case the OP might also try Plastics by Post. They do have a
website.

Franz

Rod 12-10-2004 07:03 PM

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 13:29:21 +0100, Chris ] wrote:

Where can I get Correx?

I want to make a cold frame to grow vegetables through the winter.
Correx seems to be the best glazing material.
Do you agree?

I've never seen it on sale.
Do you know where it can be obtained?

Also - any design ideas would be welcomed.

Builders' merchants. B&Q and other sheds, LBS etc...............

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.