Old 07-06-2005, 01:21 AM
Registered User

Exclamation forget-me-not. cut back?dig up?or leave?

I grew loads of forget me nots from seed last last year. they have done really well and i would like them in the same place next year. when they have finished flowering what should i do to get them again next year? do i have to grow them from self seeded seedlings or will the plant die back and flower next year.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:05 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from zozzer contains these words:

I grew loads of forget me nots from seed last last year. they have done
really well and i would like them in the same place next year. when
they have finished flowering what should i do to get them again next
year? do i have to grow them from self seeded seedlings or will the
plant die back and flower next year.

Just pull them up when they've really finished and are looking a bit
sad. Then knock any remaining soil off the roots and put them somewhere
else you'd like forget-me-nots.

You have no need to do anything else - they will come up as predictably
as the very best weeds.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 07-06-2005, 09:42 AM
Pam Moore

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 23:21:07 +0000, zozzer
wrote:

I grew loads of forget me nots from seed last last year. they have done
really well and i would like them in the same place next year. when
they have finished flowering what should i do to get them again next
year? do i have to grow them from self seeded seedlings or will the
plant die back and flower next year.

Do nothing. Once you have grown them you will have them for ever as
they seed themselves about. In the Spring you can remove seedlings
from anywhere you don't want them or move them elsewhere.

Pam in Bristol
Old 07-06-2005, 10:14 PM
shazzbat

wrote:

~
~I grew loads of forget me nots from seed last last year. they have done
~really well and i would like them in the same place next year. when
~they have finished flowering what should i do to get them again next
~year? do i have to grow them from self seeded seedlings or will the
~plant die back and flower next year.

Just do nothing. They'll be everywhere... I'm still trying to
eradicate them from the lawn after 4 years. And every pot. And every
border. They're a pain, albeit a pretty one (till they get mildew).

And that's how they got their name :-))

I just pull up any which are in an inconvenient position, and we won't ever
run out of them. Or forget them.

Steve