Old 29-09-2002, 12:30 AM
Jayne

Default Post & chain problem - please help.

I want to place a post and chain around the boundary and have found
the pastic posts far too expensive so I have decided to use an 8 foot
post cut down to three.

Any ideas on how to attach the plastic chain to the post?

Jayne
Old 29-09-2002, 01:00 AM
dee.adams

I would suggest you are better using metal chain especially if near a road
and kids mucking about or you could use rope through holes drilled into the
posts using a 3/4 inch cutter bit in an electric drill
Any large Hardware store even B and Q have all the right fittings

Old 29-09-2002, 01:38 AM
Dave Liquorice

On Sat, 28 Sep 2002 23:30:24 +0100, Jayne wrote:

I want to place a post and chain around the boundary and have found
the pastic posts far too expensive so I have decided to use an 8
foot post cut down to three.

So how high is the chain going to be at the lowest point of the
cantenary? Think trip hazard, liabilty etc if this boundary has any
public access. Also worth considering if completely surrounded by your
own property.

Any ideas on how to attach the plastic chain to the post?

Hooks? The sheds sell various forms...

--
Cheers
Dave. Remove "spam" for valid email.