Old 29-09-2002, 01:02 AM
dee.adams

Default Canker

Could also be Blossom blight .......Prunus are susceptible to this and it
will affect any other Prunus nearby

Ceonanthus are normally fairly hardy but maybe the split let in some
infection

"K" wrote in message
I have been told by a friend that the tree in the street outside my house
has canker. It is a prunus and I understand they are susceptible to this.

have a ceonothus in the front garden which has suddenly gone completely
brown and given up the ghost. It has been there about 10 years, but I
notice the trunk has a large split. My neighbour has a copper leafed

shrub
(I think it's a berberis) which has now gone white which I presume is
mildew.

1. Will the canker spread to the shrubs in my front garden?

2. Do I need to notify the council?

[IBC] Nectria canker on golden raintree? Jim Lewis Bonsai 1 13-05-2003 02:44 PM
[IBC] canker II Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 13-05-2003 04:20 AM
Nectria canker on golden raintree? Noiseless Bonsai 0 13-05-2003 02:44 AM
Nectria canker on Golden Raintree? David L. Dunnagan Gardening 0 11-05-2003 10:56 PM
Parsnip Canker Beachcomber United Kingdom 2 18-01-2003 11:16 PM