Old 29-09-2002, 05:49 AM
Dwayne

Default I have small ones :-(

I dont know anything about how big a Temptation is supposed to get, but
strawberries like soil that is a little bit acidic. Have you checked your
soils pH? You can mulch with pine needles, or you can buy and apply some
food for other acid loving plants and see if that will work. Good luck.
Dwayne

"Victoria Clare" wrote in message
.205...

... strawberries that is.

I planted some strawberry 'Temptation' which I was tempted by on visiting

supermarket. They were planted on a stony bed covered in a layer of horse
manure, layer of compost, layers of a few other things I forget ;-)

The plants are large and healthy and are producing many berries, but the
berries are titchy. This is annoying, as I already had a garden full of
alpine strawberries that fruit copiously and grow like weeds. The berries
on these 'Temptations' are not much bigger than the Alpine ones.

Should I feed the Temptations more? More water? Or are they just a duff
batch?

Victoria Clare

Old 29-09-2002, 10:47 PM
Victoria Clare

"Dwayne" wrote in
:
"Victoria Clare" wrote in message
.205...

... strawberries that is.

The plants are large and healthy and are producing many berries, but
the berries are titchy.

Should I feed the Temptations more? More water? Or are they just a
duff batch?

I dont know anything about how big a Temptation is supposed to get,
but strawberries like soil that is a little bit acidic. Have you
checked your soils pH?

Yes - the soil is already mildly acidic, and rhodos and pieris grow well.
Thanks for trying tho :-)
Old 29-09-2002, 11:08 PM
david

Strawberry, Temptation (Item # 7656700860)
----
A seed raised strawberry with a tangy, richly aromatic, juicy sweet
flavour. Better still it is both earlier and produces more and larger
strawberries than any other seed strain continuously from July to frosts.
This makes the annual growing of strawberries in containers or beds a better
and easy way to grow them. From an autumn sowing they look fantastic in a
hanging basket the following summer, and in grow bays and containers the
compact, procumbent habit of 'Temptation' combines a very decorative method
of growing with ease of picking and luscious looks. 47mg.

I should think they need a lot more feed.

Common Name: Strawberry, Temptation

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries