GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Peckover House, Wisbech, seed gathering (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/8492-peckover-house-wisbech-seed-gathering.html)

Brian Watson 29-09-2002 06:51 AM

Peckover House, Wisbech, seed gathering

The National Trust house and garden are open today (pm) and are allowing
seed gathering by visitors.

Any recommendations?

--
Brian
"I know about kittens and knitting. Will that do?"

Drakanthus 29-09-2002 08:04 PM

Peckover House, Wisbech, seed gathering

The National Trust house and garden are open today (pm) and are allowing
seed gathering by visitors.

Any recommendations?

--
Brian

You mean they are "allowing" seeds to be taken? Removes all the fun out of
getting them - like the looks of embarrassment or horror from
friends/relatives as they pretend not to know you as you disappear into a
shrubbery!

Drakanthus.

Brian Watson 29-09-2002 08:58 PM

"Drakanthus" wrote in message
The National Trust house and garden are open today (pm) and are allowing
seed gathering by visitors.

Any recommendations?

--
Brian

You mean they are "allowing" seeds to be taken?

Yep, actively encouraging it.

Removes all the fun out of
getting them - like the looks of embarrassment or horror from
friends/relatives as they pretend not to know you as you disappear into a
shrubbery!

Oh, it's you, is it?

Very public spirited.

--
Brian
"Let's be grateful for our Fridays and face our Mondays with good humour."