GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Rasberry Canes / pruning (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/8501-rasberry-canes-pruning.html)

Colin A Jacobs 29-09-2002 05:59 PM

Rasberry Canes / pruning

On my new allotment I have two types of Raspberry.
One is Summer fruiting, the other Autumn fruiting.

How does one go about managing these for future years please?

Should I cut them all down to three buds or is there another way of managing
them.

Also do I place a mulch over the stems for winter protection?

Thanks folks

CJ

http://www.ickenham.fsworld.co.uk/index.htm

Robert Brimacombe 29-09-2002 09:43 PM

Rasberry Canes / pruning

you should cut out the old stems from the summer fruiting ones but the
autumn fruiting ones fruit on the new years growth so you cut those right
down once they are finished