Old 29-09-2002, 08:17 PM
Alan Holmes

Default Grass cuttings composted.

"Drakanthus" wrote in message
... Several responses mentioned mixing with
Garotta or another nitrogenous activator. Garotta was out of the

question
as it
isn't available here in France, (although alternatives are but rather
expensive.) As suggested though, I opted for Ammonium Sulphate (£6 for

50kilos)

My neighbours give me all their grass cuttings - and the most effective
activator I've found is also free - urine!
I give fresh grass cuttings a soaking over a few days and they go down

very
quickly - the pile gets so hot it literally steams! Provided you are not
squeamish about such things a collection tip is to use an old detergent
bottle - they often have extra wide necks and are excellent (if you are
male).

If I can't get to the bathroom if there is someone in there, I use a bucket,
which could be pressed into service by eirther male or female!

And somewhere around I still have a 'gusunder'!

Alan

-- and no I'm not taking the p*ss!

Drakanthus.

composted pine bark Luke Tulkas Bonsai 1 03-08-2004 02:54 PM
What shop-bought vegetables should NOT be composted? Steve Harris United Kingdom 32 14-05-2004 11:05 PM
Incompletely composted leaves David Rose United Kingdom 4 03-01-2004 12:32 PM
can deer manure be composted? mixter Edible Gardening 5 16-11-2003 12:12 PM
What is composted bark Carol Russell United Kingdom 2 12-12-2002 10:06 PM