Old 29-09-2002, 09:52 PM
Mike

Default Whose Boundary is whose :-((

A thread a couple of weeks ago went into great depths as to who was
responsible for which fence and how to find out.

Our deeds turned up the other day as I reported, but there was nothing
to indicate as to which were mine.

Chatting to my neighbour this afternoon I asked him how he knew which
was his fence. 'This ones mine but you can have it if you want it he
joked'

The point being it has been 'word of mouth' from one owner to the next
and the next door neighbour agreeing!! It all works well because we all
get on very well, but what if the 'neighbour from hell' moves in
somewhere up or down the road and causes havoc and things need to be
sorted out. How do we go about it?

Would the 7 year rule come in?

Mike

You can fool some of the people some of the time.
You can fool most of the people most of teh time.
But you cannot fool ALL of the people ALL of the time.

Old 29-09-2002, 10:08 PM
dee.adams

Our deeds are very clear on whose boundary is whose and so are deeds of our
neighbours house (2 previous owners for 15 years then this new jerk)
Theres even a covenant to maintain a fence in good order but that did not
stop my new neighbour from claiming our fence was his and that our beech
hedge was his too and denying us the ability to maintain either fence or
hedge

------

Old 29-09-2002, 11:23 PM
Essjay001

I guess some people are just like that. I think you seriously need to get it
sorted

--
Stephen Jay

"Guns and bombs and flying machines are the tools of the war
Killing people wholesale is that what men are for.
Murder rape and pillaging armed robbery and cheats.
Laser guided missiles exploding with white heat."
"The
Man" SJR

dee.adams scribbled:

Old 29-09-2002, 11:24 PM
DaveDay34

Theres even a covenant to maintain a fence in good order but that did not
stop my new neighbour from claiming our fence was his and that our beech
hedge was his too and denying us the ability to maintain either fence or
hedge

Is this in any way 'theft'?

Dave.

Pea sprouts lying on ground - whose to blame? Davy[_3_] United Kingdom 9 20-05-2011 03:22 PM
whose the moderator? Amber United Kingdom 14 04-09-2005 11:33 AM
Boundary crossing deterrents(was tree cat damage) Steve Harris United Kingdom 112 04-01-2004 05:34 PM
Whose Art? Iris Cohen Plant Science 1 16-12-2003 06:02 PM
New Garden,boundary suggestions please ? Me United Kingdom 2 27-10-2003 08:42 AM