GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Climbing Roses Suggestions (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/85180-climbing-roses-suggestions.html)

Krilb 18-10-2004 08:22 PM

Climbing Roses Suggestions

We want to replace some very old climbers to cover a north facing
fence. We live in North London on London clay. Suggestions would be
most welcome.

Franz Heymann 18-10-2004 10:05 PM

"Krilb" wrote in message
We want to replace some very old climbers to cover a north facing
fence. We live in North London on London clay. Suggestions would be
most welcome.

Try Maigold. I have one doing very well against a North wall. It is
still flowering (just).

Franz

ex WGS Hamm 19-10-2004 11:15 AM

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Krilb" wrote in message
We want to replace some very old climbers to cover a north facing
fence. We live in North London on London clay. Suggestions would be
most welcome.

Try Maigold. I have one doing very well against a North wall. It is
still flowering (just).

I have masquerade (my favourite) growing up a north facing wall on heavy
clay. It does very well.

Spider 19-10-2004 08:25 PM

"Krilb" wrote in message
We want to replace some very old climbers to cover a north facing
fence. We live in North London on London clay. Suggestions would be
most welcome.

Try Maigold. I have one doing very well against a North wall. It is
still flowering (just).

I have masquerade (my favourite) growing up a north facing wall on heavy
clay. It does very well.

I can highly recommend 'Compassion'. Healthy. Well-scented.
Spider

Trevor Appleton 20-10-2004 07:27 PM

"Krilb" wrote in message
We want to replace some very old climbers to cover a north facing
fence. We live in North London on London clay. Suggestions would be
most welcome.

The thornless rose Zepherin Drouhin will be happy on a north facing wall.