Old 16-10-2002, 03:35 PM
Kate Morgan

Default vine weevils, again !

I have just taken my window boxes down, they have been filled with
begonias- bedding -type and have been brilliant till the cold came a
couple of days ago. I was hoping to use some of the compost to top up
tubs but found that it was alive with vine weevil. They must have
been there for some time as there were so many but I dont think that
is why the begonias keeled over, I mean you would expect that at this
time of year anyhow. Are some plants able to resist weevils more than
other?
kate
Old 19-10-2002, 10:27 AM
Sue

"JennyC" wrote
I don't know about resistance to VW's .......
but they do love begonias and fuchsias especially :~((

Out in the open garden they seem to find sedum spectabile and heuchera
roots to their liking. :-(

Be sure to dispose of all the soil - don't put it on the compost heap!!

I put the grubs on the bird table if I find any. That's if a robin hasn't
dived under my feet and got to them first!

Sue