GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cat be gone (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/85387-cat-gone.html)

Rob 23-10-2004 10:23 AM

Cat be gone

Hi,

We've just turned a bit of our front lawn into a cat toilet. It was
supposed to be an area with decorative slate/pebbles though.....

Can anyone recommend a natural cat repellent suitable for this?

thanks

-Rob

Tumbleweed 23-10-2004 11:03 AM

"Rob" wrote in message
Hi,

We've just turned a bit of our front lawn into a cat toilet. It was
supposed to be an area with decorative slate/pebbles though.....

Can anyone recommend a natural cat repellent suitable for this?

thanks

-Rob

liberal spraying on the toilet with 'Haze' (freesia and jasmine) air
freshener. Citrus scents are meant to be even better but none in the shop
last time I looked.
That has mostly worked this summer. Imagine the rain is going to cause a
problem though.

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks for email address

Robert Harvey 23-10-2004 11:25 AM

Rob wrote:
Hi,

We've just turned a bit of our front lawn into a cat toilet. It was
supposed to be an area with decorative slate/pebbles though.....

Can anyone recommend a natural cat repellent suitable for this?

The traditional technique is to water with diluted jeyes fluid. For ever.

Toy 23-10-2004 11:39 AM

"Rob" wrote in message
Hi,

We've just turned a bit of our front lawn into a cat toilet. It was
supposed to be an area with decorative slate/pebbles though.....

Can anyone recommend a natural cat repellent suitable for this?

thanks

-Rob

the only way is to get one yourself.......a large, ginger, very aggressive
looking, tom.

He will make your garden his territory and keep others away whilst s*****g
on your neighbours gardens.

toy

ex WGS Hamm 23-10-2004 11:58 AM

"Toy" wrote in message

"Rob" wrote in message
Hi,

We've just turned a bit of our front lawn into a cat toilet. It was
supposed to be an area with decorative slate/pebbles though.....

Can anyone recommend a natural cat repellent suitable for this?

thanks

-Rob

the only way is to get one yourself.......a large, ginger, very aggressive
looking, tom.

He will make your garden his territory and keep others away whilst s*****g
on your neighbours gardens.

Or a black one, or black and white, tabby, male or female will do according
to the yowls under my window last night as my tiny torti female beat up an
interloper.

Redman 23-10-2004 03:20 PM

"Rob" wrote in message
Hi,

We've just turned a bit of our front lawn into a cat toilet. It was
supposed to be an area with decorative slate/pebbles though.....

Can anyone recommend a natural cat repellent suitable for this?

thanks

-Rob

Yeah, it's called a DOG.

Redman

Toy 23-10-2004 04:08 PM

"Redman" wrote in message

"Rob" wrote in message
Hi,

We've just turned a bit of our front lawn into a cat toilet. It was
supposed to be an area with decorative slate/pebbles though.....

Can anyone recommend a natural cat repellent suitable for this?

thanks

-Rob

Yeah, it's called a DOG.

Redman

Na that wont work, our neighbours Dog won't go anywhere near our
cat........she looks at him and thinks twice about it.

toy

ex WGS Hamm 23-10-2004 08:01 PM

"Larry" wrote in message
On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 10:39:40 +0000 (UTC), I found this from "Toy"
:

He will make your garden his territory and keep others away whilst

s*****g
on your neighbours gardens.

provided you don't tamper with his testicles.

That has nothing to do with anything. All my cats are neutered and the
wosrt battler of them all is a huge neutered tom.He even takes on the jack
russell from 2 doors down!

ex WGS Hamm 23-10-2004 09:50 PM

"Redman" wrote in message

Nothing ferocious about my dogs and Staffie's ain't big in the sense you
seem to be talking about. Actually I don't own a Ridgeback even though I'd
like too but I did have a BIG Rottie until about this time last year when

had to have her put to sleep due to bone cancer.

I am very sorry about your rottie. Actually I like staffies and rotties.
Couldn't have a staff though as I have too many dogs as it is. I have heard
of too many rotties getting bone cancer. I have a giant schnauzer.