GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Relocate Shrubs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/8540-re-relocate-shrubs.html)

Mijo FONTFREDE 16-10-2002 10:45 PM

Relocate Shrubs

parmar.leicester a écrit dans le message :

I planted some shrubs last year and would like to relocate them to another
part of the garden.

Is it OK to relocate shrubs at this time of the year. ?

Thank you for your help.

Automn is the best saison. A french adage tells: "A Sainte-Catherine

(november 25 th), tout bois s'enracine" - "On St'Catherine s'day, all wood
takes root"

(sorry but i am bad at english)

A french gardener girl

Mijo

Kay Easton 16-10-2002 11:59 PM

Relocate Shrubs

In article , Mijo
FONTFREDE writes

Automn is the best saison. A french adage tells: "A Sainte-Catherine

(november 25 th), tout bois s'enracine" - "On St'Catherine s'day, all wood
takes root"

(sorry but i am bad at english)

A french gardener girl

You are a lot better at English than I am at French!
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
http://www.scarboro.demon.co.uk/garden/

Robert Fixter 19-10-2002 05:07 PM

Relocate Shrubs

Now and November are the ideal time to plant or re-locate shrubs as they are
largely inert . I would mulch or use a frost fleece to protect possibly
weakened roots . And wear a wooly hat . Hope this helps .