GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   A rose by any other name... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/85516-rose-any-other-name.html)

Lyn Rennick 25-10-2004 05:12 PM

A rose by any other name...

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a rose called BamBam? Or Brian? I know there is
one called Brian Rix, but I wanted one called Brian.

If anyone knows of any roses with names like:

Snuggles, Snugglebuns, My Baby, Monk, Alexander, Honeyplum, Harley (or Harley
Davidson), Blushing Babe, First Love, Remember Me and anything to do with
motorbikes,

I would appreciate it if you'd let me know. It's really important as it's for a
memorial.

Thank you.

Lyn
www.members.aol.com/lynrennick2000

Sacha 25-10-2004 05:59 PM

On 25/10/04 5:12 pm, in article
, "Lyn Rennick"
wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a rose called BamBam? Or Brian? I know there is
one called Brian Rix, but I wanted one called Brian.

If anyone knows of any roses with names like:

Snuggles, Snugglebuns, My Baby, Monk, Alexander, Honeyplum, Harley (or Harley
Davidson), Blushing Babe, First Love, Remember Me and anything to do with
motorbikes,

I would appreciate it if you'd let me know. It's really important as it's for
memorial.

See if this is any help:
http://www.memorisethis.com/dsp_prod...?id=149&chid=1

There is a rose called Alexander available through Crocus.com
http://www.crocus.co.uk/plantdoctor/...ard&ClassID=12
23&CategoryID=
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Lyn Rennick 26-10-2004 12:49 AM

Hi, Sacha,

Thank you for your reply. I shall take a look at the links you gave me.

Cheers.

Regards.

Lyn

Sacha wrote in message . uk...
On 25/10/04 5:12 pm, in article
, "Lyn Rennick"

annet planten 26-10-2004 08:26 PM

ospam (Lyn Rennick) schreef:

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a rose called BamBam? Or Brian? I know there is
one called Brian Rix, but I wanted one called Brian.

If anyone knows of any roses with names like:

Snuggles, Snugglebuns, My Baby, Monk, Alexander, Honeyplum, Harley (or Harley
Davidson), Blushing Babe, First Love, Remember Me and anything to do with
motorbikes,

Harley
Class: Hybrid Musk.
aka: LENpaga
Paganini (Hybrid Musk, Lens, 1989)
Breeding: Bred in Belgium (1989) by LENS.
Introduced in Belgium (1989) by Louis Lens N.V./Pépinières Louis Lens
SA.

Bloom: Medium red blooms. Mild fragrance. 4 to 11 petals. Average
diameter 1.25". Small, single bloom form. Repeats its bloom again
later in the season.

Lens, the breeder, is
www.lens-roses.com

dag, Annet

annet planten 26-10-2004 08:44 PM

If anyone knows of any roses with names like:

Snuggles, Snugglebuns, My Baby, Monk, Alexander, Honeyplum, Harley (or Harley
Davidson), Blushing Babe, First Love, Remember Me

Found a Scottish 'Remember me' too:
http://www.roses.uk.com/
search under 'Hybrid Tearoses'

Dag (bis), Annet