GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Price od seeds? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/8560-price-od-seeds.html)

JennyC 19-10-2002 02:47 PM

Price od seeds?

Am I getting old and miserly or are seeds becoming ridiculously
expensive ?

I received my T&M catalogue yesterday and have seen amazed at the
price of seeds. For instance 15 Coleus Palisandra seeds cost 2.49
pounds. Ok, maybe they are a bit special, but 2.99 for 10 cerinthe
purpurescans seems like a rip of as they produce seed really easily
and a lot per plant!

What do the rest of you think ??
And do you know of any cheaper suppliers ??

Jenny

Natalie 19-10-2002 05:15 PM

Price od seeds?

"JennyC" wrote in message
Am I getting old and miserly or are seeds becoming ridiculously
expensive ?

I received my T&M catalogue yesterday and have seen amazed at the
price of seeds. For instance 15 Coleus Palisandra seeds cost 2.49
pounds. Ok, maybe they are a bit special, but 2.99 for 10 cerinthe
purpurescans seems like a rip of as they produce seed really easily
and a lot per plant!

What do the rest of you think ??
And do you know of any cheaper suppliers ??

Jenny

Jenny, I assume the price/number of seeds for Coleus Palisandra is because
it is something special but I agree with you about Cerinthe major
purpurescans. Chilterns charge £2.70 for 12 seeds and www.secretseeds.com
£1.70 for Cerinthe major purpurescans.

Secret Seeds also have several other Cerinthes that I've not seen before.
They state the number of seeds you get per packet depends on how many they
have managed to collect that season.

I have bought seeds from Secret Seeds and was very pleased with the service
I got.

Natalie

Natalie 19-10-2002 05:29 PM

Price od seeds?

"JennyC" wrote in message
Am I getting old and miserly or are seeds becoming ridiculously
expensive ?

I received my T&M catalogue yesterday and have seen amazed at the
price of seeds. For instance 15 Coleus Palisandra seeds cost 2.49
pounds. Ok, maybe they are a bit special, but 2.99 for 10 cerinthe
purpurescans seems like a rip of as they produce seed really easily
and a lot per plant!

What do the rest of you think ??
And do you know of any cheaper suppliers ??

Jenny

Mikamoki offer 25 seeds for $2.50

http://mikamoki.safeshopper.com/62/245.htm?586

HTH

Natalie

Sarah Dale 20-10-2002 11:40 AM

Price od seeds?

On Sat, 19 Oct 2002 15:47:09 +0200, JennyC wrote:

pounds. Ok, maybe they are a bit special, but 2.99 for 10 cerinthe
purpurescans seems like a rip of as they produce seed really easily
and a lot per plant!

Jenny,

I don't have any seeds saved of this plant ATM, but could send you a
seedling or two if you want? I'm sure other URGlers may have seeds saved
you could swap for.

Sarah

Steve Smith 21-10-2002 11:44 PM

Price od seeds?

On Sat, 19 Oct 2002 15:47:09 +0200, "JennyC" wrote:

Am I getting old and miserly or are seeds becoming ridiculously
expensive ?

I received my T&M catalogue yesterday and have seen amazed at the
price of seeds. For instance 15 Coleus Palisandra seeds cost 2.49
pounds. Ok, maybe they are a bit special, but 2.99 for 10 cerinthe
purpurescans seems like a rip of as they produce seed really easily
and a lot per plant!

What do the rest of you think ??
And do you know of any cheaper suppliers ??

Jenny

We have found Wallis Seeds incredibly cheap for vegetable seeds - no
fancy catalogue with pictures but who cares? E-mail
, phone/fax 01245 360413. And the service has
been good too!

Steve

JennyC 22-10-2002 04:42 PM

Price od seeds?

"Sarah Dale" wrote in message
.uk...
On Sat, 19 Oct 2002 15:47:09 +0200, JennyC wrote:

pounds. Ok, maybe they are a bit special, but 2.99 for 10 cerinthe
purpurescans seems like a rip of as they produce seed really

easily
and a lot per plant!

Jenny,

I don't have any seeds saved of this plant ATM, but could send you a
seedling or two if you want? I'm sure other URGlers may have seeds

saved
you could swap for.
Sarah

That's kind of you but I;ve loads of them myself :~) I was just using
them as a reference because they do produce so much seed so easily
:~))

Thanks anyway,, Jenny