Old 19-10-2002, 09:29 PM
Natalie

Default Lathyrus - Sweetpeas

Does anyone know the difference between Lathyrus Odoratus cupani and
Lathyrus Odoratus matucana?

The descriptions from Chiltern seeds seem identical.

TIA

Natalie

Old 19-10-2002, 10:06 PM
Emrys Davies

'Natalie',

I think that you are correct in assuming that they are both the same and
the RHS gives an explanation explains about them it in this site,
although not in much depth.

http://tinyurl.com/231c

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 19-10-2002, 10:22 PM
Natalie

" Emrys Davies" wrote in message
'Natalie',

I think that you are correct in assuming that they are both the same and
the RHS gives an explanation explains about them it in this site,
although not in much depth.

http://tinyurl.com/231c

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Thanks for the link Emrys it is a very interesting article. It is
fascinating to discover that L sativus was cultivated in the early Neolithic
period. I bought a plant at a NGS open garden and have collected seed to
grow next year.

Natalie

Old 20-10-2002, 11:08 PM
Natalie

" Matucana seems to be a slightly deeper blue and better
scented, but I've only grown the cupani once, so maybe it was a poor
year for them. I grow matucana every year.

--

I already grow Matucana and might buy some Cupani this year to see if I can
spot any difference.

Natalie

Lathyrus matucana Sacha United Kingdom 8 19-07-2007 07:29 PM
Maximum floral pong (was Heavily-scented Lathyrus) Steve Harris United Kingdom 41 22-07-2004 06:32 PM
Heavily-scented Lathyrus Melanie United Kingdom 4 16-07-2004 04:14 AM
sweetpeas paul United Kingdom 1 07-03-2003 07:32 PM
sweetpeas paul United Kingdom 0 07-03-2003 09:44 AM