Old 20-10-2002, 06:41 PM
Janet Galpin and Oliver Patterson

Default trees from seed?

The message
from "Ian Hurst (Troyka)" contains these words:

anyone point me in the direction of a website on when to plant tree
seeds and how to look after them? im especially thinking of native
english trees small to medium sized growth, suitable for urban and
small gardens, but also for larger plots.
thanks

Ian

I have a tree and shrub germination guide which I downloaded ages ago
but I can't remember the website address. I could send it to you if you
think it would help. It has more species than you would need but
includes the English natives that you're interested in. It simply gives
how many months they need and at what temperatures.

Most tree seeds in fact will be best sown fairly soon so that they can
benefit from the cold winter temperatures, to break their dormancy,
followed by warmer temperatures in spring. Many will then germinate next
spring or early summer.

Janet G
Old 20-10-2002, 08:25 PM
Serendipity

On Sun, 20 Oct 2002 18:41:12 +0100, Janet Galpin and Oliver Patterson
wrote:

[...]

.................................................. ...

There is a UK company named Chiltern Seeds. They carry a whole
range of tree and shrub seeds.
John
.................................................. ............................
Old 20-10-2002, 10:35 PM
Ian Hurst (Troyka)

Troyka Makes everyone a cup of Earl Grey tea while we hear what Janet
Galpin and Oliver Patterson has to say
[...]

thanks i would appreciate a copy of the guide thanks, i thought it
was about the time to do the planting, i better get my self organised
quick if i am to get my youth group to sow seeds this year.

Ian

--------------------------
Youth Work Resources
the youth work website
http://www.youthworker.org.uk
--------------------------
Old 20-10-2002, 11:21 PM
Ian Hurst (Troyka)

Troyka Makes everyone a cup of Earl Grey tea while we hear what "Ian
Hurst (Troyka)" has to say
[...]

ops forgot..
Youth Work Resources
the youth work website
http://www.youthworker.org.uk
Old 21-10-2002, 11:29 PM
[...]

I've tried sending the guide to this email address but it's been
returned. Any thoughts as to what the problem might be?

Janet G