Old 20-10-2002, 11:39 PM
Alan Holmes

Default Mole traps!

Whilst in the garden centre today I was browsing round the section
on pest control and I found a humane mole trap by a company called
something like Trot!

I asked the assistant how it was used, and what did one do with the
mole once one had caught it, she said you take it into the country
and let it out of the trap!

I pointed out that all that did, was to give the problem to someone
else, and was told that the reason for releasing it, was, that some
people did not like to kill anything!

My view is that if they don't want to kill vermin they should live with
them!

Alan

Old 21-10-2002, 01:21 AM
William Tasso

"Alan Holmes" wrote:

Whilst in the garden centre today I was browsing round the section
on pest control and I found a humane mole trap by a company called
something like Trot!

I asked the assistant how it was used, and what did one do with the
mole once one had caught it, she said you take it into the country
and let it out of the trap!

I pointed out that all that did, was to give the problem to someone
else, and was told that the reason for releasing it, was, that some
people did not like to kill anything!

My view is that if they don't want to kill vermin they should live with
them!

you could take it one step further - if you ain't part of the solution ,
you're part of the problem. did the traps come in different sizes by any
chance?

--
William Tasso - http://www.tbdata.com/

Old 21-10-2002, 09:11 AM
Jane Ransom

In article , Alan Holmes alan@holmes-
g4crw.freeserve.co.uk writes
I found a humane mole trap by a company called
something like Trot!

I asked the assistant how it was used, and what did one do with the
mole once one had caught it, she said you take it into the country
and let it out of the trap!

I pointed out that all that did, was to give the problem to someone
else,

Not only that but illegal!!!!!

and was told that the reason for releasing it, was, that some
people did not like to kill anything!

My view is that if they don't want to kill vermin they should live with
them!

I agree.

Farmers have no compunction and set mole traps everywhere.
So anyone letting moley out in the country is signing his death warrant
anyway. So, to anyone *really* loving moley and wanting to do him a
favour by prolonging his life - what ever you do, do *not* release him
in the country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.
but if you need to email me for any other reason,

Old 21-10-2002, 05:46 PM

My Uncle Jim's method is effective. On seeing the mound of earth emerge, run
up the garden and scoop out a large spadeful of earth, tossing it into the
air. Quickly swing the spade in a large semi-circle, giving earth and mole a
hefty whack - although preferably not over the fence whilst proud neighbours
are taking a tour of the garden with ageing in-laws. It took Uncle Jim a
while to reestablish diplomatic relations after that!