Old 20-10-2002, 11:06 PM
Big Al

Default eccremocarpus scaber - overwinter?

Victoria Clare wrote on Fri 18 Oct 2002 11:10:49a :

So I now have some nice healthy plants, but the question is, can I
overwinter them? They are tender perennials, but does anyone know if
they would make it in my cold greenhouse, or would prefer a sunny
windowsill?

I am in Cornwall, but it does get frosty sometimes up here on the
north side of the hill.

As another datapoint a plant (I'm pretty sure not multiple ones from
seed) survived at my folks' house 600' up on the edge of the Peak
District for about 10 years. Admittedly that was on a fairly sheltered
WNW-facing wall. Interesting that Nick has problems - maybe it's cold
winds that it doesn't like, or a soil thing?

Would have thought the seedlings would take the windowsill for
preference, but would cope with the greenhouse.

Spare Eccremocarpus seeds wanted, please. Compo in Caithness[_2_] United Kingdom 0 11-03-2017 10:39 AM
Late Winter care of Eccremocarpus scaber? Steve Harris United Kingdom 2 21-02-2006 08:29 PM
Eccremocarpus scaber - how does it climb? Steve Harris United Kingdom 5 09-02-2005 04:02 PM
goldfish fry overwinter Skippy Ponds 3 21-09-2003 11:05 PM
Anacharis, does it overwinter? Douglas Bolt Ponds 9 30-03-2003 03:08 AM