Old 23-10-2002, 12:04 PM
Janet Baraclough

Default grass?

The message
from "oxymel of squill" contains these words:

sorry if this is a repeat, I thought I posted something similar but it
didn't appear - there's NTL for you!!

You did..your post and its replies will be archived at www.google.

Does anyone know of a hardwearing grass that might resist the two old
bitches who pollute my gardens (inherited on the death of my father,
completely untrainable, v old & lame, all they do is eat stink sleep and
pee). They keep killing off the grass so whenever it rains the garden
becomes one vast mud pool.

Just be glad they still have enough sphincter control to get outside
in time, because the next stage in dog decrepitude is..they don't :~}

Janet.

Old 23-10-2002, 12:20 PM
don

"oxymel of squill" wrote in message
sorry if this is a repeat, I thought I posted something similar but it
didn't appear - there's NTL for you!!

Does anyone know of a hardwearing grass that might resist the two old
bitches who pollute my gardens (inherited on the death of my father,
completely untrainable, v old & lame, all they do is eat stink sleep and
pee). They keep killing off the grass so whenever it rains the garden
becomes one vast mud pool.

thanks

Jon

Concrete might do it.
I dont think you should really talk about your relatives ( aunts) this way

Old 23-10-2002, 05:34 PM
oxymel of squill

the garden
becomes one vast mud pool.

Just be glad they still have enough sphincter control to get outside
in time, because the next stage in dog decrepitude is..they don't :~}

first loss of sphincter control will be their last vet bill :-)

Old 24-10-2002, 08:16 PM
Tumbleweed

"oxymel of squill" wrote in message

the garden
becomes one vast mud pool.

Just be glad they still have enough sphincter control to get outside
in time, because the next stage in dog decrepitude is..they don't :~}

first loss of sphincter control will be their last vet bill :-)

Try gravel, paving, or a shotgun.

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks before replying (but no email reply necessary to newsgroups)

Old 24-10-2002, 10:01 PM
DaveDay34

It's been suggested by a top gardener that you add a little tomato ketchup (or
similar tomato product) to a dog's dinner to alter the acidity of its' urine so
that it doesn't 'burn' the grass. Not tried it myself, but I'm assured that it
works. Not sure how much tomato to add. A little should do it though. Let us
know how you get on if you try it.

Dave.

Old 25-10-2002, 12:02 PM
hugh

In article , Janet Baraclough
writes
The message
from "oxymel of squill" contains these words:

sorry if this is a repeat, I thought I posted something similar but it
didn't appear - there's NTL for you!!

You did..your post and its replies will be archived at www.google.

Does anyone know of a hardwearing grass that might resist the two old
bitches who pollute my gardens (inherited on the death of my father,
completely untrainable, v old & lame, all they do is eat stink sleep and
pee). They keep killing off the grass so whenever it rains the garden
becomes one vast mud pool.

Just be glad they still have enough sphincter control to get outside
in time, because the next stage in dog decrepitude is..they don't :~}

Janet.

Gravel is very effective and hygienic. Strip off the turf, and if

desirable some of the top soil. Put in some edging and lay a membrane.
Then add an inch or so of hard-core and tamp it down (u can hire a small
machine for this). Add about 1/2 inch of small gravel - not too deep as
it becomes difficult for the dogs to walk on. You will hopefully find
this much more attractive than a wet muddy patch, and also it can
provide the basis for a Japanese feel to your garden design. Very low
maintenance - the dog s*** is easily removed, rake the gravel over
occasionally and remove or kill off the few weeds that will inevitably
appear in time.

--
hugh