GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Turf (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/8611-turf.html)

Susan 23-10-2002 02:30 PM

Turf

Hi all,

I am after some advice which I know you are all very good at supplying : )
Keep up the good work.

I have looked at the Faq for lawns but can see nothing on the best time of
year to lay a turf lawn. I live in West London if that makes any difference.

I have been told that from now through to march is a good time to lay a new
turf lawn. Is this correct?

I have fears that the frost will kill it off or it will become water logged
before it can get established. As it is a costly thing to do I do not want
to invest the money now if the lawn will just be killed off over the winter.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Susan
ICQ: 40376837

Natalie 23-10-2002 03:23 PM

Turf

"Susan" wrote in message
[...]

I have just laid some turf at school and it is doing very well. It is
probably best to check with local suppliers to see what turf is available.

HTH

Natalie

Susan 27-10-2002 03:40 PM

Turf

"cormaic" wrote in message

The best time to lay turf is between late March and late May,
and again from early September to mid-October.

Thank you all for your help. I think we have decided to wait until the end
of March as to be sure of missing most of the bad weather.

Now I can sit back with my hot chocolate and plan out my boarders and let
the weather do its worst : )

Thanks again
Susan