Old 23-10-2002, 06:40 PM
Big Al

Default Family apples (was Herb usage?)

subbykins{Chrd} wrote on Mon 21 Oct 2002 10:07:44p :

On the subject of fruit, does anyone know where we can obtain a family
apple tree (stock with different varieties grafted on it - well two
months ago I didn't know what it was!) with bramleys and granny smiths
on it? My partner had one in his old house and we'd like to buy one
for the new place, but internet searches and visits to garden centres
have so far proved fruitless... so to speak. Thanks in advance for
any advice.

Brogdale Plant Centre certainly had family trees last year - Bramley,
and two nice eaters, Falstaff and Fiesta I think. Bramley is a bit
tricky for family trees, as it's so vigorous - Brogdale's suppliers
graft it a year after the others, togive them a chance.

www.brogdale.org.uk - and it looks like Keepers have some too, go to
http://www.keepers-nursery.co.uk/stock.asp and select Tree Form to be
Family Tree.
Old 24-10-2002, 06:18 PM
Sarah Dale

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:40:42 +0000, Big Al wrote:

Brogdale Plant Centre certainly had family trees last year - Bramley,
and two nice eaters, Falstaff and Fiesta I think. Bramley is a bit
tricky for family trees, as it's so vigorous - Brogdale's suppliers
graft it a year after the others, togive them a chance.

I got a family pear tree from Buckingham(shire?) Nurseries. They had a
selection of family apple and pear trees.

Sarah

Herb Sale At Gardens of the Ancients Herb Emporium and Nursery mrchaos007 Texas 21 11-04-2005 08:07 PM
Compost Usage Jay Edible Gardening 18 27-06-2004 08:02 AM
phosphorous usage in Malvaceae Tanya Plant Science 0 26-04-2003 01:27 PM
Airstone usage in planted tank? carmineventura Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 20-04-2003 06:09 AM
Herb usage? subbykins{Chrd} United Kingdom 4 28-10-2002 02:41 PM