Old 24-10-2002, 08:57 PM

Default Outside light question. Dont flame me the light will be in the garden :-)

Hi,

I know this isn't a plant or pest question so apologies if this
doesn't fit within the group. But i thought if anyone knows the answer
you lot will.

Does anyone know if its possible to buy an outside floodlight that
will come on at dusk at say 60 watts BUT if anyone crosses the path of
the PIR it will come on stronger say 300w.

Or better still if there is any way i can add a sensor to my existing
security lighting that will allow for the dual mode?

If anyone knows of one will they let me know.

p.s. I'd rather it not be once of those ugly bulkhead floodlight
types.

pps. the garden is 17m x 17m.
Old 24-10-2002, 09:41 PM

The area I want to light is over a decking / patio area where we would
like to sit out and eat / drink etc.

Old 24-10-2002, 11:43 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

"Mike" wrote in message

I have a beauty from B & Q. Not quite what you want with regards to the
amount of light, but it is an attractive 'Coach Light' with a bulb which
is on half brilliance when it gets dark and has a sensor which pulls it
up to full brilliance when triggered.

Adjustable range, we have it outside our new patio doors :-)) Looks
nice and does what we want.

Mike, does it use a normal bulb and what is the wattage on half and full
power?
Thought I'd ask as your answers may save (or not) a trip to B & Q at Slough.
--
Bob
http://www.pooleygreengrowers.org.uk/ about an allotment site

Old 25-10-2002, 08:01 AM
Mike

In article , Sue & Bob Hobden
writes

"Mike" wrote in message

I have a beauty from B & Q. Not quite what you want with regards to the
amount of light, but it is an attractive 'Coach Light' with a bulb which
is on half brilliance when it gets dark and has a sensor which pulls it
up to full brilliance when triggered.

Adjustable range, we have it outside our new patio doors :-)) Looks
nice and does what we want.

Mike, does it use a normal bulb

yes

and what is the wattage on half

50

and full
power?

100

Thought I'd ask as your answers may save (or not) a trip to B & Q at Slough.
--

I believe that 100 is the maximum size wattage you can put in. We have a
candle of 40 watt, so it is 20/40. Not sufficient for outside Dining.

Mike

Pacific Fleet Reunion Sept 2003 at Mill Rythe
River Class Assn Dinner Leamington Spa Sept 20th 2003.
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Reunion October 2003 Isle of Wight

Old 26-10-2002, 07:46 PM

On Sat, 26 Oct 2002 16:01:57 +0000 (UTC), "Steve Warren - UK
SpeedTrap Guide" wrote:
Steve,

Thanks for that, the light wasnt any good but they do sell the pir on
its own which is superb as it will go with the floodlights I already
have.

Which for martin & anna Sykes's benefit are light polution friendly.

Thanks steve.
Screwfix do just what you want, they are called Hi/Lo lights and the one
they have is 15watts standby and 150watts full power when the PIR is set
off. Cost is £12.13 part number is D11917-16 they do others as well
Regards
Steve
Speedtrap Info @ www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk
Weather Page @ http://www.btinternet.com/~swarren/wx.htm

"Martin & Anna Sykes" wrote in message
Does anyone know if its possible to buy an outside floodlight that
will come on at dusk at say 60 watts BUT if anyone crosses the path of
the PIR it will come on stronger say 300w.

You could just use two separate lights. That way you could position the
general purpose light so it just lit your seating area and set the

security
light higher to illuminate a much wider area. That way you won't be

causing
as much light pollution in general use.

Old 09-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Registered User

I use something agnate to ascendancy the hot air boiler fan which has a wood stove that directs calefaction into the algid air return. A temperature switch over the stove turns on the fan through a solid accompaniment acceleration control (designed to ascendancy motors, which aren't like lights).
hydroponic

Sheen flame guns: question MartinF United Kingdom 4 29-09-2003 04:33 AM
[IBC] Gingko Flame Style David J. Bockman Bonsai 1 27-02-2003 03:52 PM
Gingko Flame Style Shelly Hurd Bonsai 0 26-02-2003 03:39 PM
Pieris Forest Flame looking sad Mon United Kingdom 2 20-02-2003 07:16 PM
Looking for source of Flame Acanthus Gene Hubert Gardening 3 11-02-2003 03:55 PM