GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Fig Tree Suddenly Loses Its Leaves (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/8627-re-fig-tree-suddenly-loses-its-leaves.html)

BAC 26-10-2002 07:05 PM

Fig Tree Suddenly Loses Its Leaves

"Bush" wrote in message

Well, the subject says it all really.
My Saturday in the garden reveals that my new Brown Turkey
trained against a south facing wall has lost all its leaves
this week. Yes, there were a couple of light frosts in the week...
...but is this normal behaviour for a Brown Turkey ?

Yes, both mine have 'moulted' too, and I fully expect the few remaining
leaves to be blown away in the forecast gales. So probably nothing to worry
about.

Larry Stoter 27-10-2002 08:51 AM

Bush wrote:

Well, the subject says it all really.
My Saturday in the garden reveals that my new Brown Turkey
trained against a south facing wall has lost all its leaves
this week. Yes, there were a couple of light frosts in the week...
...but is this normal behaviour for a Brown Turkey ?

They do seem to drop all there leaves suddenly, in one go. Not just in
response to autum but also overheating or drought. Our did this back in
June and had a new set of leaves by August.
--
Larry Stoter