Old 12-11-2004, 06:43 PM
Andy Mabbett

Default rubber garden slippers

Hi folks, long time no post!

Some time ago, I bought myself a pair of "garden slippers": carpet
slipper- shaped footwear, made from the same rubber material, and in the
same way, as Wellington boots. they're fantastic for keeping by the back
door, to slip on for quick trips to deposit compost or pick vegetables
or herbs.

I now want to purchase a pair as a gift for someone else, but the garden
centre from which I got mine was bulldozed and built over many moons
ago.

Can anyone suggest where I can get them, around Birmingham, by mail
order, or on- line?

I don't want the moccasin type, with a low back, thanks.
--
Andy Mabbett

Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards: http://www.no2id.net/
Old 12-11-2004, 08:15 PM
Broadback

Andy Mabbett wrote:

Hi folks, long time no post!

Some time ago, I bought myself a pair of "garden slippers": carpet
slipper- shaped footwear, made from the same rubber material, and in the
same way, as Wellington boots. they're fantastic for keeping by the back
door, to slip on for quick trips to deposit compost or pick vegetables
or herbs.

I now want to purchase a pair as a gift for someone else, but the garden
centre from which I got mine was bulldozed and built over many moons
ago.

Can anyone suggest where I can get them, around Birmingham, by mail
order, or on- line?

I don't want the moccasin type, with a low back, thanks.

Galoshes by another name?
Old 12-11-2004, 08:27 PM
griz

Andy Mabbett wrote:

Hi folks, long time no post!

Some time ago, I bought myself a pair of "garden slippers": carpet
slipper- shaped footwear, made from the same rubber material, and in the
same way, as Wellington boots. they're fantastic for keeping by the back
door, to slip on for quick trips to deposit compost or pick vegetables
or herbs.

I now want to purchase a pair as a gift for someone else, but the garden
centre from which I got mine was bulldozed and built over many moons
ago.

Can anyone suggest where I can get them, around Birmingham, by mail
order, or on- line?

I don't want the moccasin type, with a low back, thanks.

I've seen them in B&Q
Old 12-11-2004, 11:16 PM
Mike Lyle

griz wrote:
Andy Mabbett wrote:

Hi folks, long time no post!

Some time ago, I bought myself a pair of "garden slippers": carpet
slipper- shaped footwear, made from the same rubber material, and

in
the same way, as Wellington boots. they're fantastic for keeping

by
the back door, to slip on for quick trips to deposit compost or

pick
vegetables or herbs.

I now want to purchase a pair as a gift for someone else, but the
garden centre from which I got mine was bulldozed and built over
many moons ago.

Can anyone suggest where I can get them, around Birmingham, by

mail
order, or on- line?

I don't want the moccasin type, with a low back, thanks.

I've seen them in B&Q

That's a global capitalist plot: cheaper and better to buy cheap
wellies and cut them to the precise shape you want with a Stanley
knife or some good scissors.

Mike.

Old 13-11-2004, 02:45 AM
Rodger Whitlock

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 18:43:35 +0000, Andy Mabbett

Some time ago, I bought myself a pair of "garden slippers": carpet
slipper- shaped footwear, made from the same rubber material, and in the
same way, as Wellington boots. they're fantastic for keeping by the back
door, to slip on for quick trips to deposit compost or pick vegetables
or herbs.

I now want to purchase a pair as a gift for someone else, but the garden
centre from which I got mine was bulldozed and built over many moons
ago.

Can anyone suggest where I can get them, around Birmingham, by mail
order, or on- line?

Here in Canuckistan, they're known as "duck shoes" and are widely
available. The best brand is probably Sorel.

Marvelous footwear; I wouldn't be without a pair.
--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, BC, Canada

Old 13-11-2004, 07:11 AM
Franz Heymann

"Rodger Whitlock" wrote in message
[...]

I am on my third pair. I wear mine most of the time, even when I am
not gardening.
Got them at Hayes garden centre at Ambleside. I hope they still stock
them.

Franz

Old 13-11-2004, 09:20 AM
Jeanne Stockdale

I agree they are great for the garden - much easier to slip on and off than
wellies. They are available online at a number of sites. Below are just 2
but I am sure there are many more.

Jeanne Stockdale

http://www.cdselections.com/cgi-bin/...208-4&cl=11039

http://www.crocus.co.uk/?ContentType...affil iate=td

Old 13-11-2004, 01:11 PM
David Rance

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, Andy Mabbett wrote:

Some time ago, I bought myself a pair of "garden slippers": carpet
slipper- shaped footwear, made from the same rubber material, and in the
same way, as Wellington boots. they're fantastic for keeping by the back
door, to slip on for quick trips to deposit compost or pick vegetables
or herbs.

I now want to purchase a pair as a gift for someone else, but the garden
centre from which I got mine was bulldozed and built over many moons
ago.

Can anyone suggest where I can get them, around Birmingham, by mail
order, or on- line?

Readily available, and cheap, in most DIY stores in France. You might be
able to order over the Internet.

David
| Internet: | writing from |
| Fidonet: David Rance 2:252/110 | Caversham, |
| BBS:
telnet://mesnil.demon.co.uk | Reading, UK |

Old 14-11-2004, 11:02 AM
Andy Mabbett

In message , Jeanne Stockdale
writes

http://www.cdselections.com/cgi-bin/...de=dp&dep=SNR&
code=SN208-4&cl=11039

Those look like the ones I want, thanks - but though it gives sizes, it
doesn't say whether they're men's or women's.

http://www.crocus.co.uk/?ContentType...=1000000540&af
filiate=td

Those are the ones I don't want - clog style, with a low back.

Old 14-11-2004, 09:13 PM
Victoria Clare

"Mike Lyle" wrote in
:

Andy Mabbett wrote:

Hi folks, long time no post!

Some time ago, I bought myself a pair of "garden slippers": carpet
slipper- shaped footwear, made from the same rubber material,

That's a global capitalist plot: cheaper and better to buy cheap
wellies and cut them to the precise shape you want with a Stanley
knife or some good scissors.

I have yet to find a pair of cheap wellies that fit my feet and were
comfortable for more than a few steps. Possibly they make them only in
man-feet shapes. :-(

The proper garden shoe things are usually cheaper than buying decent,
fitted wellies.

Victoria

Old 14-11-2004, 09:24 PM
June Hughes

In message , Victoria
Clare writes
"Mike Lyle" wrote in
:

Andy Mabbett wrote:

Hi folks, long time no post!

Some time ago, I bought myself a pair of "garden slippers": carpet
slipper- shaped footwear, made from the same rubber material,

That's a global capitalist plot: cheaper and better to buy cheap
wellies and cut them to the precise shape you want with a Stanley
knife or some good scissors.

I have yet to find a pair of cheap wellies that fit my feet and were
comfortable for more than a few steps. Possibly they make them only in
man-feet shapes. :-(

The proper garden shoe things are usually cheaper than buying decent,
fitted wellies.

Yes I agree - but have you tried getting wellies off your feet quickly
when the telephone is ringing?
--
June Hughes
Old 14-11-2004, 09:58 PM
Kay

In article , Andy Mabbett
writes
In message , Jeanne Stockdale
writes

http://www.cdselections.com/cgi-bin/...de=dp&dep=SNR&
code=SN208-4&cl=11039

Those look like the ones I want, thanks - but though it gives sizes, it
doesn't say whether they're men's or women's.

AFAIK men's and women's shoe sizes are the same - it's just that women
tend to take the smaller sizes and men the larger.

Certainly seemed be the case when my sons were going through the my shoe
sizes - I could wear their shoes with no problem.
--
Kay

Old 14-11-2004, 11:20 PM
Peter Stockdale

"June Hughes" wrote in message
.

Yes I agree - but have you tried getting wellies off your feet quickly
when the telephone is ringing?
--
June Hughes

Why can you not answer the telephone with your wellies on ?

Pete

Old 14-11-2004, 11:54 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Victoria Clare contains these words:

I have yet to find a pair of cheap wellies that fit my feet and were
comfortable for more than a few steps. Possibly they make them only in
man-feet shapes. :-(

The proper garden shoe things are usually cheaper than buying decent,
fitted wellies.

Try Chamou

--
Rusty