Old 27-10-2002, 02:45 PM
Colin A Jacobs

Default Nut falure on hazel

My friends hazel tree failed to produce any nuts this year.
Can anyone explain why this has happened please?
Best Wishes

CJ

http://www.ickenham.fsworld.co.uk/index.htm
The Birding & Natural History site covering the East Anglian Coastline

Old 27-10-2002, 08:00 PM
Rod

"Colin A Jacobs" wrote in message
My friends hazel tree failed to produce any nuts this year.
Can anyone explain why this has happened please?
Best Wishes

CJ

Its probably lonely ;~(((
*really* If there are no wild Hazels nearby it needs a Hazel of a different
variety nearby. They are not reliably self fertile.

Rod

Old 28-10-2002, 11:15 PM
Alan Holmes

"Rod" wrote in message

"Colin A Jacobs" wrote in message
My friends hazel tree failed to produce any nuts this year.
Can anyone explain why this has happened please?
Best Wishes

CJ

Its probably lonely ;~(((
*really* If there are no wild Hazels nearby it needs a Hazel of a

different
variety nearby. They are not reliably self fertile.

I've never had any trouble with mine, the only thing which robbed me of
the nuts were the damned squirrels!

Otherwise it fruited every year wthout fail, it may be that the thing did
not
flower at the right time, it's been a funny year for some things.

Alan