Old 29-10-2002, 08:04 AM
subbykins{Chrd}

Default Sloes and recipe query

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002 17:27:41 -0000, "Janet Sanderson"
wrote:

the M25 and you should find some.

Make sure you wash them well though!

Happy drinking!
Janet

Thanks for the info from everyone. Following advice from users here
and surprisingly information provided by my partners 13 year old we
discovered whole bushes of them (she said: I know where to get sloes,
disbelieving parents: how do you know they're sloes? 13 year old: Cos
a woman told me who was picking them and the area's called Sloe Lane -
point taken). After a couple of hours of pricking I now have 1ltr of
Sloe Gin and as an experiment, 1ltr of Sloe Jenever, Dutch Gin bought
on a recent trip to Amsterdam. I get the impression from research on
the net that any strong, clear alcoholic drink can be used. Anyway,
three months before the results.

Does anyone know if there is a group or list for recipes from home
produced fruit/veg or naturally occuring produce like sloes and
rosehips? You know, things you've been making forever with apples
from your tree?

"The only time you don't fail is the last time you try anything -- and it
works."

- William Strong

subbykins{Chrd}

Old 29-10-2002, 07:22 PM
Robert Brown

A publican friend of mine puts his in the freezer instead of pricking
them, recons that it improves the flavour uptake. also he gives it a second
distilation by putting back in the freezer when slushy carefully pour off
the liquid leaving the frozen water behind. he recons on 120 % proof. HIC.
;0))) Robert