Old 01-11-2002, 12:36 AM
William Tasso

Default next year I must ------

"Kate Morgan" wrote:
next year I must grow more cyclamen and schizostylis, they are
standing up well to all this wind and rain and are a cheering sight.

kate - full of good intentions :-)

dig up the lawn - don't ask ;o) I'm sure you'll get to hear about it soon
enough.

--
William Tasso - The road to hell is littered with fallen gardeners.
http://www.tbdata.com/

Old 02-11-2002, 10:16 PM
Karen

....tear up the sea of concrete in front of my house and make a front garden
(daunting idea though, it's taken me all this year to establish the
beginnings of a back garden amongst the weeds, rubbish and broken glass)

Karen

Old 03-11-2002, 05:23 AM
Alan Gould

In article , Kate
Morgan writes
next year I must grow more cyclamen and schizostylis, they are
standing up well to all this wind and rain and are a cheering sight.

Under cover, cut down on tomatoes, grow more melons and peppers.
Outside, increase the container herb range, be more adventurous with
salad and green crops. Develop another bed for tall flowers.
Outback, continue increasing trees shrubs and wildflowers. Etc.
--
Alan & Joan Gould, North Lincs.
Old 03-11-2002, 07:22 AM
dave @ stejonda

In message , Kate
Morgan writes
next year I must

negotiate successfully with the new neighbours-to-be the removal of
their row of 30ft+ leylandii; continue the conversion of the pure-grass
lawn into a more varied eco-culture; spend more time just being in the
garden rather than rushing round working there

--
dave @ stejonda

calculate your ecological footprint http://www.lead.org/leadnet/footprint/
Old 03-11-2002, 09:18 AM
Kate Morgan

Has someone bred a more upright, sturdy kind of schizostylis? I used
to grow it decades ago but found it rather floppy. Then a few weeks ago
I saw a potful for sale with much stronger stems, holding up the flowers
beautifully. I resisted buying it, but next year, I won't.

my clump of schizostylis stand at 16 ins. approx, have no idea what
sort they are. They are in a sheltered spot which is helping I would
think.