GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How much do you spend on Pots?` (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/86783-how-much-do-you-spend-pots-%60.html)

MG 21-11-2004 05:50 PM

How much do you spend on Pots?`

Hi

I had a real result in October when Wilkinsons had their clear-out of
Garden Pots. Got some fairly large containers - 7 in all and two small
and one very large Roman-esque urn (made from reconstituted stone and
resin) for a cost to me of only 87p each!! Actually it was because I
complained about some bad paint I had two years back and got £50 in
vouchers and thought I'd use it on the garden.

So my £50 actually got me the pots a wood/iron relief garden bench and
a nice little footstall as a gift for my Mother and £5 cash into the
deal... Result!

But you can never have enough pots...!

How much do you allow yourselves to spend on such extravagencies?

MG
**REMOVE** 'myhat' from my return email address before sending!!

Kay 21-11-2004 09:37 PM

In article , MG
writes
Hi

I had a real result in October when Wilkinsons had their clear-out of
Garden Pots. Got some fairly large containers - 7 in all and two small
and one very large Roman-esque urn (made from reconstituted stone and
resin) for a cost to me of only 87p each!! Actually it was because I
complained about some bad paint I had two years back and got £50 in
vouchers and thought I'd use it on the garden.

So my £50 actually got me the pots a wood/iron relief garden bench and
a nice little footstall as a gift for my Mother and £5 cash into the
deal... Result!

But you can never have enough pots...!

Yes you can!!!!
I've just got rid of 5 bin-bags full of pots (to a neighbour with
students needing pots)

--
Kay

Chris Hogg 23-11-2004 07:12 PM

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 17:50:27 GMT, (MG)
wrote:

Hi

I had a real result in October when Wilkinsons had their clear-out of
Garden Pots. Got some fairly large containers - 7 in all and two small
and one very large Roman-esque urn (made from reconstituted stone and
resin) for a cost to me of only 87p each!! Actually it was because I
complained about some bad paint I had two years back and got £50 in
vouchers and thought I'd use it on the garden.

So my £50 actually got me the pots a wood/iron relief garden bench and
a nice little footstall as a gift for my Mother and £5 cash into the
deal... Result!

But you can never have enough pots...!

How much do you allow yourselves to spend on such extravagencies?

MG
**REMOVE** 'myhat' from my return email address before sending!!

I get pots from our local dump - sorry, amenity site. About 50p for a
sackful of assorted sizes, when available.

--
Chris