Old 06-12-2004, 07:19 AM
Jim Webster

Default Croft-smoked salmon

"Oz" wrote in message

I had a friend over yesterday and talk got round to christmas fair and
eventually smoked salmon. Stubbsy's name immediately came to mind.

It suddenly occurred to me that xmas is very close and its time to order
my bit of stubbsy's superior smoked salmon. After all Mr stubbsy is
known to like the odd tipple, and probably more than usual as xmas
approaches and he might forget to get the sides in.

So a reminder to those in the know to get your orders in before its too
late.

For those not in the know, well, tough ......

I think those who don't know are forever doomed. I suppose that they will
have to remain in the outer darkness and just buy something inferior and
more expensive.
I confess I do wonder when the next batch of smoked ham will be avaiable.

Jim Webster

Old 06-12-2004, 07:29 AM
Oz

Jim Webster writes

I think those who don't know are forever doomed. I suppose that they will
have to remain in the outer darkness and just buy something inferior and
more expensive.

Indeed. A delightful thought, isn't it?

I confess I do wonder when the next batch of smoked ham will be avaiable.

I think the problem is stubbsy only had these pigs by accident.
Knowing him probably won them ay a local show (drinking contest no
doubt) so more are unlikely to be forthcoming.

A pity really, because it was quite utterly exceptional.

I expect harrods could charge 10quid/100gm and still clear out in
minutes. Er, that might not have been the smartest thing I ever said...

--
Oz
Old 06-12-2004, 07:38 AM
Jim Webster

"Oz" wrote in message
Jim Webster writes

I think those who don't know are forever doomed. I suppose that they will
have to remain in the outer darkness and just buy something inferior and
more expensive.

Indeed. A delightful thought, isn't it?

I confess I do wonder when the next batch of smoked ham will be

avaiable.

I think the problem is stubbsy only had these pigs by accident.
Knowing him probably won them ay a local show (drinking contest no
doubt) so more are unlikely to be forthcoming.

A pity really, because it was quite utterly exceptional.

I expect harrods could charge 10quid/100gm and still clear out in
minutes. Er, that might not have been the smartest thing I ever said...

never mind. There isn't any so we are all doomed to have to cope with
inferior products.
At least you can get the salmon.
Console yourself with that

Jim Webster