Old 10-11-2002, 03:45 PM
St Trinian

Default RHS Sterling Flower Spoons

Excuse me please for being off topic. Our central US museum auxiliary support
group has acquired a set of 12 flower spoons, boxed nicely and hallmarked with
four separate marks: JP, two unreadable and the British lion. The wooden box
has a small metal plaque which reads Royal Horticultural Society Flower Spoons.
We'd like very much to place them in a silent auction to benefit the museum
and have no idea what they represent. Are they a "catalogue" item, a reward
for gardening excellence, RHS membership premium, a nice gift for Gram or
something rather special? Could one of you please illuminate us and/or
perhaps, suggest a reserve price?
StT
Old 10-11-2002, 06:59 PM
david

I would advise you to contact the RHS direct at

And if you can send a picture of the spoons as well it would probably help
them.
--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Old 11-11-2002, 07:20 PM
DaveDay34

Excuse me please for being off topic. Our central US museum auxiliary
support
group has acquired a set of 12 flower spoons, boxed nicely and hallmarked
with
four separate marks: JP, two unreadable and the British lion.

I'd definitely be interested in seeing a photo of the hallmarks, if at all
possible. I trained as a jeweller and so have a passing interest in
silverware, etc. If a photo was posted to a web page I'd be very pleased to
take a look and see if I could help you find out something more about the
spoons.

Dave.

Sterling Silver Wendy7 Garden Photos 7 01-04-2010 01:51 AM
what will you converse the handsome distant spoons before Jonnie does [email protected] United Kingdom 0 23-07-2005 10:36 AM
Pittosporum - James Sterling - When to trim? Gurrie Australia 0 16-11-2003 07:02 AM