Old 09-12-2004, 11:42 AM
Drummerboy

Default Lawn feeding in winter

I have bought a bag of Gem Autumn lawn feed.
Reading the back it says that I must wait until the grass is dry and do not
feed unless it will rain within two days or scorching may occur.
The problem is the grass is never dry at this time of year and it doesn't
look like it will rain for a while.
Can anyone offer any solution?

Old 09-12-2004, 01:04 PM
Franz Heymann

"Drummerboy" wrote in message
I have bought a bag of Gem Autumn lawn feed.
Reading the back it says that I must wait until the grass is dry and

do not
feed unless it will rain within two days or scorching may occur.
The problem is the grass is never dry at this time of year and it

doesn't
look like it will rain for a while.
Can anyone offer any solution?

Dpn't bother feeding the lawn this time of the year.
I have a strong feeling that stuff sold as an autumn feed smells like
snake oil.

Franz

Old 09-12-2004, 01:23 PM
hugh

In message , Drummerboy
writes
I have bought a bag of Gem Autumn lawn feed.
Reading the back it says that I must wait until the grass is dry and do not
feed unless it will rain within two days or scorching may occur.
The problem is the grass is never dry at this time of year and it doesn't
look like it will rain for a while.
Can anyone offer any solution?

Getting a bit late for autumn feed.
Basically don't worry too much about the grass being dry, but do wait
until rain is forecast other wise you will have to get the hose pipe out
to avoid scorching - and what a plonker you will look, watering your
lawn in December!!!!

One other suggestion - apply at about half the recommended rate - and do
it twice about 2 weeks apart. That way you will also minimise the risk
of scorching.
--
hugh
Old 09-12-2004, 06:31 PM
pied piper

"Drummerboy" wrote in message
I have bought a bag of Gem Autumn lawn feed.
Reading the back it says that I must wait until the grass is dry and do
not
feed unless it will rain within two days or scorching may occur.
The problem is the grass is never dry at this time of year and it doesn't
look like it will rain for a while.
Can anyone offer any solution?

put it down now be no problem as long as you apply it properly it wont
scorch applying when the grass is damp is better as the granules will start
to break down immediately thus reducing the risk of scorching good luck

Koi winter feeding Mark Cable Ponds 10 15-12-2004 08:41 PM
Koi winter feeding Mark Cable Ponds 0 12-12-2004 04:35 PM
winter feeding Nick Ponds 3 08-12-2004 08:26 PM
Tree Root Feeding in Winter? Robert Olin Lawns 1 05-11-2003 05:32 AM
winter feeding fish *muffin* Ponds 4 18-10-2003 04:12 PM