Old 13-11-2002, 02:53 PM
Matt Cody

Default Garden Lighting by Design

I've just had professional garden lighting designed specifically for
my garden, installed in just under a week - and ready to show off to
my friends and colleagues. It wasn't as cheap as some of the other
quotes that I've had - but I believe you have to pay a little extra
for quality - and it certainly seems that I've got that.

The guys that came to do the work, were friendly and polite - and
certainly knew what they were doing. They were considerate of my
existing garden and with the CAD drawing they showed me before they
started the work, I knew exactly what to expect and what the finished
product was going to be like.

I haven't been put under any pressure to write this - but I just
wanted to let others know about the good work that they've done.
Apparently, they've been established for just over a year now and have
already established quite an impressive portfolio of previous work
they've done.

On their after sales service pack that they left, there's a web site
address given as: www.gardenlightingbydesign.co.uk

They're based in Chester - but came all the way over to Wilmslow to
fit my lights for me. I'd wholeheartedly recommend them to other
people who want the same high level of service.

Oh, and I nearly forgot, they also sell their products separately - so
I've bought a few extras for when I expand my garden later next year,
when the summer finally returns!!
Old 13-11-2002, 04:06 PM
MrMoosehead

(Matt Cody) muttered something incoherent along
the lines of:

I've just had professional garden lighting designed specifically for
my garden, installed in just under a week - and ready to show off to
my friends and colleagues. It wasn't as cheap as some of the other
quotes that I've had - but I believe you have to pay a little extra
for quality - and it certainly seems that I've got that.

SNIP

On their after sales service pack that they left, there's a web site
address given as:
www.gardenlightingbydesign.co.uk

Go **** yourself, spam child.

titleGarden Lighting by Design: About Us/title
META NAME="TITLE" CONTENT="Garden Lighting by Design - About Us"
META NAME="DESCRIPTION" CONTENT="Garden Lighting by Design is the
UK's premier outdoor and garden lighting service. High quality
fittings, professional expert service and excellent after sales
support makes GLBD the first choice, every time, for your external
lighting needs. AND WE'RE A BUNCH OF SPAMMING ****S"
META NAME="KEYWORDS" CONTENT="garden light, outdoor, lantern, design,
garden lighting, installation, install, terrace exterior,
illumination, driveway, path, patio, bulb, conservatory, barbeque,
BBQ, fixtures, pond light, underwater, tree, roof light, service,
expert, professional, north west, cheshire, chester, quality, fittings
and fixtures, experts, copper, aluminium, garden lighting by design,
gadren, graden, gaden, garrden, gardden, lite, ligte, lihte, lyte,
lythe, lyght, outside, manchester, mersyside, liverpool, birkenhead,
wirral, warrington, altrincham, hale, bowden, lancashire, cumbria,
mere, northwich, nantwich, crewe, wrexham, north wales, wales, helsby,
frodsham, guilden sutton, mickle trafford, CAD, computer aided design,
unique, free consultation, free quote, expert service, after sales
support, GLBD, UK, United Kingdom, England, Britain, Great Britain,
SPAMMING ****S"
META NAME="OWNER" "
META NAME="AUTHOR" CONTENT="M. Cody (webmaster)"

Oooh. Dead giveaway that.

--
MrMoosehead | I'm just an away team member in a red shirt...
CBR600f MRO#28 BONY#4 | nice word: *** vesuvian ***
Old 13-11-2002, 06:12 PM
Drakanthus

META NAME="AUTHOR" CONTENT="M. Cody (webmaster)"

Oooh. Dead giveaway that.

*** SPAM ALERT ***
Well spotted! I thought the message sounded too sickly to be true - he did
trowel it on a bit!
On the plus side I guess it has pre-warned us all that the company is
dishonest and not to be trusted!
Doubt they will be picking up any customers from this group!

Drakanthus.

Old 14-11-2002, 12:43 AM
William Tasso

Drakanthus wrote:
META NAME="AUTHOR" CONTENT="M. Cody (webmaster)"

Oooh. Dead giveaway that.

*** SPAM ALERT ***
Well spotted! I thought the message sounded too sickly to be true -
he did trowel it on a bit!
On the plus side I guess it has pre-warned us all that the company is
dishonest and not to be trusted!
Doubt they will be picking up any customers from this group!

It's a constant source of joy when people suddenly discover their own web
site and feel a desparate need to share it.

--
William Tasso - The road to hell is littered with fallen webmasters.
http://www.tbdata.com/

Old 14-11-2002, 07:19 AM
Cerumen

"Matt Cody" A wrote in message
om...
I've just had professional garden lighting designed specifically for
my garden, installed in just under a week snip spammed stuff

I always make a point of avoiding any company that resorts to spam for
advertising, if they are unethical in that way can they be trusted at all?
I appears a person by the name of Cody is the web master of the site
spamvertised, the only Cody I can think of right off was Buffalo Bill Cody
so we seem to have cowboys running in the family here.
The web site is hosted by newnet it seems is
where abuse complaints go.
--
Chris Thomas
West Cork

Old 14-11-2002, 09:20 AM
Matt Cody

I don't deny being the webmaster to this site. But I object to my
post being called spam. In return for me designing the website, the
company - Garden Lighting by Design installed a full set of garden
lights in my garden - it was a fair trade agreement. They were
professionally installed using high-voltage equipment, rather than the
low voltage or the solar powered variety - so I have no qualms about
issuing my post - congratulating them on a job well done!

And I'd thank you to moderate your language when writing about me.

Old 14-11-2002, 09:22 AM
MrMoosehead

"Cerumen" muttered something
incoherent along the lines of:

"Matt Cody" A wrote in message
. com...
I've just had professional garden lighting designed specifically for
my garden, installed in just under a week snip spammed stuff

I always make a point of avoiding any company that resorts to spam for
advertising, if they are unethical in that way can they be trusted at all?
I appears a person by the name of Cody is the web master of the site
spamvertised, the only Cody I can think of right off was Buffalo Bill Cody
so we seem to have cowboys running in the family here.
The web site is hosted by newnet it seems is
where abuse complaints go.

Good work.

Aaah. A satisfying job. }:8)
--
MrMoosehead | I'm just an away team member in a red shirt...
CBR600f MRO#28 BONY#4 | nice word: *** nidus ***
Remove Your Brain To Reply.|
www.thehallfamily.net/kady/adrian/
Current MooseMusic 54. Pink Floyd - Lost For Words
Old 14-11-2002, 11:37 AM
Chris French and Helen Johnson

In message , Matt Cody
writes
I don't deny being the webmaster to this site. But I object to my
post being called spam.

Ah didums..............
In return for me designing the website, the
company - Garden Lighting by Design installed a full set of garden
lights in my garden - it was a fair trade agreement.

Fair enough.

They were
professionally installed using high-voltage equipment, rather than the
low voltage or the solar powered variety - so I have no qualms about
issuing my post - congratulating them on a job well done!

Unfortunately you missed out the chance to mention the arrangement you
had with them - what an oversight....

We get a steady flow of these 'hey look at the site/what a good company'
messages from people connected to the company, they are usually (as this
shows, easy to spot)

And I'd thank you to moderate your language when writing about me.

Ok, you are just a plain idiot then?
--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ:
Old 14-11-2002, 01:35 PM
Sharon Curtis

In article ,
Matt Cody wrote:
I don't deny being the webmaster to this site. But I object to my
post being called spam. In return for me designing the website, the
company - Garden Lighting by Design installed a full set of garden
lights in my garden - it was a fair trade agreement.

Look, you know what your motives are, we don't. But you figure it
out for yourself: if someone posts to a group recommending a
company, and they are getting paid by this same company, what else
does it look like but spam? You can't blame anyone here for thinking
"not another idiot advertising their company and pretending they have
no connection with it", after all you didn't state your exact
connection with the company up front, and people do this sort of thing
all the time: "Look at this fab company! Ohmigosh, no, I have no
connection with it! Honest!".

Sharon

Old 14-11-2002, 04:37 PM
Drakanthus

And I'd thank you to moderate your language when writing about me.

You are a conman and a liar plain and simple. Your spam was presented in
such a manner as to try duping users of this newsgroup into thinking you
were providing a legitimate customer testimonial about the company - when
all along you are associated with it.

You also said:
"On their after sales service pack that they left, there's a web site
address given as: www.gardenlightingbydesign.co.uk"

Strange phrasing for the webmaster! Did you forget your own domain name
then - and have to look at the box?

Drakanthus.

Old 14-11-2002, 04:44 PM
Jane Ransom

In article , Matt Cody
writes
I don't deny being the webmaster to this site. But I object to my
post being called spam.

snip

And I'd thank you to moderate your language when writing about me.

Please note the following extract from the charter of this news group:

ADVERTISING:

Advertising is not welcome, with the following exceptions:

Suppliers of UK-relevant gardening equipment, services or plant
material may post a pointer to their website or invitation to
request a catalogue. This may not exceed four lines. This may be
posted no more often than once every three months. The subject
line should begin "AD" or "ADVERT"

Participants in discussions may include references to their
garden-related business in their .sig (max. four lines)

------------------

You were out of line to make such a large post advertising your wares so
must be prepared to accept any flack coming your way as a consequence.
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.
but if you need to email me for any other reason,

Old 14-11-2002, 04:52 PM
Mike

In article , Matt Cody
writes
I don't deny being the webmaster to this site. But I object to my
post being called spam. In return for me designing the website, the
company - Garden Lighting by Design installed a full set of garden
lights in my garden - it was a fair trade agreement. They were
professionally installed using high-voltage equipment, rather than the
low voltage or the solar powered variety - so I have no qualms about
issuing my post - congratulating them on a job well done!

Not Spam? OK, a sort of underhanded way of promoting their business :-}

Henry Ford said that there is no such thing as bad publicity. Ratner
proved his theory wrong and as far as your web site building business is
concerned, me thinks you have also proved him wrong!! :-))

Listen Mister, if you are going to advertise your business on these
newsgroups, be crafty, be tactful. Hang around for a while and see how
others do it. (You will have to wait a while as one of them is on the
other side of the pond)

Stick around and don't be impatient.

Mike who does Reunions for the ex service people and other 'related'
weekends' :-)))

Michael 'Mike' Crowe
R.N.Shipmates, the system for finding those who have served in the Royal Navy

Old 14-11-2002, 06:30 PM
June Hughes

In article , Mike
writes
In article , Matt Cody
writes
[...]

They had a little article about you, giving your name and address in
today's Barnet Times.
--
June Hughes
Old 14-11-2002, 06:50 PM
Cerumen

A reply from him to my email address
.................................................. ...................

In actual fact - I designed the web site for the company, my father is a
director of the company - and in return for my web design services they
installed garden lighting for me at my house.

So you see, whilst you consider this to be spam - I do not.

I have been in receipt of a first class level of service, family relation
or not - and am duly entitled to inform others about it.

I resent the objectionable tone you took in your email - and refute your
claims that it was simple spam that was being posted.

Regards,

Matt Cody

from: "C. C. Doe"
date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 07:19:04