Old 13-11-2002, 08:03 PM
trevor.appleton

Default Christmas is coming!

Sorry to repeat this (it was some time ago ). I'm looking for a stainless
steel spade and fork for Christmas (for me, who else?) but I'm 6 ft 4.5
inches, so they must be very long indeed.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Trevor

---

Old 14-11-2002, 09:06 PM
DaveDay34

My suggestion is that you take a normal spade/fork/etc. and cut the handle
directly in half. Obtain some strong metal (probably steel) tubing and drill a
couple of holes at each end. The tube should be a snug fit round the two shaft
ends.

Now, place the two ends of the shaft into the metal tube and adjust till a
comfortable 'fit' is achieved (for you, not the shaft/tubing). Once this is
achieved, screw screws through the holes and into the shaft.

I think this should work. Please let me know if it does/doesn't so that I know
if I should patent the idea, or just go and boil my head.

All the best,

Dave.
Old 15-11-2002, 04:50 PM
Ken Riley

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002 20:03:10 -0000, "trevor.appleton"
wrote:

Sorry to repeat this (it was some time ago ). I'm looking for a stainless
steel spade and fork for Christmas (for me, who else?) but I'm 6 ft 4.5
inches, so they must be very long indeed.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Trevor

---

When we lived in Holland we managed to get a spade with a really long
handle - many Dutch people are extremely tall and perhaps a
manufacturer over there does them specially. Can any of our Dutch
readers help?

Joan in Bramhall (Cheshire)
Old 16-11-2002, 08:26 AM
JennyC

"Ken Riley" wrote
"trevor.appleton" wrote:

Sorry to repeat this (it was some time ago ). I'm looking for a

stainless
steel spade and fork for Christmas (for me, who else?) but I'm 6 ft

4.5
inches, so they must be very long indeed.
Any suggestions gratefully received.
Trevor

When we lived in Holland we managed to get a spade with a really

long
handle - many Dutch people are extremely tall and perhaps a
manufacturer over there does them specially. Can any of our Dutch
readers help?
Joan in Bramhall (Cheshire)

I've looked for Dutch sites, but can't find anything :~(

However the following may be useful :
http://www.tallclub.co.uk/index.asp

Jenny :~))

Christmas is coming .................... 'Mike'[_4_] United Kingdom 7 03-07-2014 10:41 PM
Christmas is coming. sam United Kingdom 6 12-09-2005 10:10 PM
The Locusts Are Coming; The Loco Locusts Are Coming BroJack Gardening 7 18-05-2004 03:10 PM
Birds coming through animaux Gardening 2 07-02-2003 04:47 PM
OT - Mosquitos Are Coming! TOM KAN PA Gardening 0 01-02-2003 01:43 AM