Old 16-11-2002, 09:31 AM
Hussein M.

Default Garden Kneelers

On Sat, 16 Nov 2002 08:04:31 +0000, "dave @ stejonda"
wrote:

In message ,
writes
Garden kneelers are to expensive I usually have my latest girlfriend
lay down on her stomach and I rest my knees in the small of her back.
Ed....

I'm surprised your mummy lets you play with the TV unsupervised

Hang on a mo'!

The imputation that the g/f is a transvestite is a little ad hominem
isn't it?

giggle

Hussein
(Bin up *all* night ordering seeds.)

Syrian bean caper anyone?

Old 16-11-2002, 01:36 PM
Victoria Clare

"Mary Fisher" wrote in
t:

"kdupar" wrote in message
without it.

My solution was to get a "grasshopper" (it's made by an American
company, hence the name) that I ordered from a mail order catalogue
five or six years ago. It's a seat (that lifts up with storage space
underneath) on four wheels.

Sounds great - if youy garden isn't on several levels ... :-(

Yes - I have a marvelous image of myself starting at the top, and gaining
velocity as I roll down the garden, screaming round the hairpin bends in
the path till I hit the steps at the bottom and am launched into mid-air,
ending up in a heap in the crocosmia with my wheely thing on top of me, and
the rabbits laughing like drains.

(sorry, no disrespect intended to what sounds like a great idea for a
flattish garden).

Luckily I am young and supple still so I just sit on my bum (amply padded
by nature) and live with the consequent damp trousers.

--
Victoria Clare
gardening high up in South East Cornwall
Old 17-11-2002, 03:51 PM

How come your mummy lets you play unsupervised dave?

Old 18-11-2002, 09:24 PM
Sean McCabe

Mary wrote:
kdupar" wrote in message
without it.

My solution was to get a "grasshopper" (it's made by an American
company, hence the name) that I ordered from a mail order catalogue
five or six years ago. It's a seat (that lifts up with storage space
underneath) on four wheels. I scoot all over the garden and weed in
comfort. I only stand up to weed the back of deep borders, and then I
use a smallish fork on a long handle. It may not be an elegant solution
to the problem of weeding with creaky knees, but it works for me! And,
since you are sitting - not kneeling - you don't have to worry about
"hefty knees".

Sounds great - if youy garden isn't on several levels ... :-(

Mary

Doesn't matter, the thing is light, doesn't roll so well
as to be unsafe, and provides a wide steady platform
from which to weed and plant bulbs and such. It also has a nice little storage
compartment for your gloves,
hand cultivator, trowel, etc. I've used mine on a slope
with no problems.

http://www.kidenergy.com/01-5a00.html

Sean

Old 18-11-2002, 09:36 PM
Mary Fisher

"Sean McCabe" wrote in message

Sounds great - if your garden isn't on several levels ... :-(

Mary

Doesn't matter, the thing is light, doesn't roll so well
as to be unsafe, and provides a wide steady platform
from which to weed and plant bulbs and such. It also has a nice little

storage
compartment for your gloves,
hand cultivator, trowel, etc. I've used mine on a slope
with no problems.

Our garden isn't on a slope, it's on several levels as I said.

There are steps up and down and the path is narrow, to get to the raised
beds' paths you have to step up a foot and the same to the greenhouse (it
was the only possible situation for it). A narrow bridge over the pond does
lead to a slope but there are steps to the bridge, it really isn't a
suitable garden for a wheeled vehicle.

That's why we don't have a wheelbarrow ...

Mary

Old 18-11-2002, 10:29 PM
Sean McCabe

Mary wrote:

snip
Our garden isn't on a slope, it's on several levels as I said.

There are steps up and down and the path is narrow, to get to the raised
beds' paths you have to step up a foot and the same to the greenhouse (it
was the only possible situation for it). A narrow bridge over the pond does
lead to a slope but there are steps to the bridge, it really isn't a
suitable garden for a wheeled vehicle.

That's why we don't have a wheelbarrow ...

I was indirectly responding to another post that
stated that the user saw herself rocketing down
the slope...but to your point, Mary, you can pick
this thing up with one hand as it doesn't weigh
more than three or four pounds, so going up and down
stairs shouldn't pose any problem. I've got some
tendonitis in my knees, so I would never think
about using a kneeler again.

Sean
Old 18-11-2002, 10:39 PM
Mary Fisher

"Sean McCabe" wrote in message
Mary wrote:

snip
Our garden isn't on a slope, it's on several levels as I said.

I was indirectly responding to another post that
stated that the user saw herself rocketing down
the slope...

Sorry - my name was at the top of the post :-)

but to your point, Mary, you can pick
this thing up with one hand as it doesn't weigh
more than three or four pounds,

Weight wouldn't be a problem, picking something up of any weight can be - I
sometimes find it difficult to turn a magazine page because of arthritis.

so going up and down
stairs shouldn't pose any problem. I've got some
tendonitis in my knees, so I would never think
about using a kneeler again.

Each to his own, you've found the right bit of kit for your needs (almost
said kneeds!) and we've got the best for ours.

Our garden's so small anyway that I really don't want any more gadgets :-(
Spouse has spent two days under duress taking stuff to the tip ...

Mary

Sean