Old 16-11-2002, 11:00 AM
Johnathan

Default Disfigured bramley apples.

This year all the Bramley apples on my only tree were badly disfigured with
black or brown marks, these extended into the flesh.
The tree is very near a boundary hedge ( not mine) where there are a number
of oak trees.

Now that all the fruit has dropped is there any treatment I can give the
tree to prevent this problem next year?

Advice would be appreciated.

Johnathan

Old 16-11-2002, 01:46 PM
Emrys Davies

'Johnathan',

This site may help you to determine whether you have apple scab.

http://tinyurl.com/2qzx

If it is apple scab which is affecting your apples you should find the
below site helpful. As you will see Bramley's Seedling is particularly
susceptible to scab, but if you have it all is not lost.

http://www.which.net/gardeningwhich/...epearscab.html

Good luck,
Emrys Davies.