GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   power output ratios (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/87895-power-output-ratios.html)

Brian Mitchell 20-12-2004 11:05 PM

power output ratios

Hi,

I'm looking at brushcutter brochures (brushcouture) but some are rated
in horsepower and some in Kilowatts. Could a kind gardening
mathematician tell me the ratio between these units?

Brian Mitchell

Scott 20-12-2004 11:40 PM

"Brian Mitchell" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm looking at brushcutter brochures (brushcouture) but some are rated
in horsepower and some in Kilowatts. Could a kind gardening
mathematician tell me the ratio between these units?

1 horsepower [electric] = 0.746 kilowatt

This may be of use http://www.onlineconversion.com

Brian Mitchell

Cerumen 21-12-2004 09:17 AM

"Brian Mitchell" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm looking at brushcutter brochures (brushcouture) but some are rated
in horsepower and some in Kilowatts. Could a kind gardening
mathematician tell me the ratio between these units?

One HP is about 3/4 of a Kw.

--

Chris Thomas
West Cork

Nick Maclaren 21-12-2004 10:18 AM

In article ,
Scott wrote:

"Brian Mitchell" wrote in message

I'm looking at brushcutter brochures (brushcouture) but some are rated
in horsepower and some in Kilowatts. Could a kind gardening
mathematician tell me the ratio between these units?

1 horsepower [electric] = 0.746 kilowatt

This may be of use http://www.onlineconversion.com

Or, for most purposes, 1 Hp = 3/4 KW.

But watch out - some will quote the power delivered, and some the
power consumed. There can be a significant difference.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Green door 21-12-2004 03:53 PM

some will quote the power delivered, and some
the power consumed.

Presumably the difference between the two is available to the operator
for warming their hands during the colder months.

Glen Able 22-12-2004 08:38 AM

"Brian Mitchell" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm looking at brushcutter brochures (brushcouture) but some are rated
in horsepower and some in Kilowatts. Could a kind gardening
mathematician tell me the ratio between these units?

Good old Google knows this - try entering a query such as:

how many kilowatts in 0.23 horsepower

G.A.
p.s. Wandering slightly off-topic, I have spare invites to gmail if any
posters here want one (email me)...