Old 10-01-2005, 05:37 PM
Kay

In article , Franz Heymann
writes

All the butchers within a 30 mile radius of here sell only lamb.

Beanstalk Organix at Addingham is within 30 miles of you (1) ;-)

(1) As the crow flies, certainly, and possibly by road too.
--
Kay

Old 11-01-2005, 08:28 AM
Tim Challenger

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 17:36:17 +0000, griz wrote:

Does this mean that in the common use they are synonymous,

Yes.

...but only tsunami is really caused by earthquakes?

No. Tidal waves can also be caused by earth/seaquakes, or my not be.
Similarly a tsunami (note definition "esp one caused by an earthquake")
especially but not necessarily.
--
Tim C.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:28 PM
Magwitch

Sacha muttered:

On 10/1/05 9:40, in article ,
" wrote:

Seen from a boat
http://www.yachtaragorn.com/Thailand.htm

This is a fascinating and moving account, Martin. Thanks very much.

Seconded. On our sailing holiday in the Caribbean, our skipper used to get
up and before he did anything else, run the yacht's engine *every" morning
and last thing at night... "you never know when you going to need it in a
hurry and it must work first time". Very sensible.

Old 11-01-2005, 03:18 PM
Sacha

On 11/1/05 1:28 pm, in article , "Magwitch"
wrote:

Sacha muttered:

On 10/1/05 9:40, in article ,
" wrote:

Seen from a boat
http://www.yachtaragorn.com/Thailand.htm

This is a fascinating and moving account, Martin. Thanks very much.

Seconded. On our sailing holiday in the Caribbean, our skipper used to get
up and before he did anything else, run the yacht's engine *every" morning
and last thing at night... "you never know when you going to need it in a
hurry and it must work first time". Very sensible.

That, along with the maxims of always having bigger anchors and fenders than
you think you need, is one of the safety essentials.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)

Old 16-01-2005, 09:43 PM
Franz Heymann

"Kay" wrote in message
In article , Franz Heymann
writes

All the butchers within a 30 mile radius of here sell only lamb.

Beanstalk Organix at Addingham is within 30 miles of you (1) ;-)

(1) As the crow flies, certainly, and possibly by road too.

Thanks, Kay. I will try to locate them

Franz

Fish found after tsunami rtk Ponds 3 16-01-2005 02:55 AM
Tsunami victim - Help please Sacha United Kingdom 7 07-01-2005 04:22 AM
[IBC] OT - Tsunami relief Jim Lewis Bonsai 1 06-01-2005 09:07 PM
[IBC] OT - Tsunami relief Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 06-01-2005 08:43 PM
Donations for relief efforts for Tsunami survivors Bluebee Sky North Carolina 0 28-12-2004 08:19 PM