Old 21-11-2002, 03:45 PM
papa

Default athamanta turbith

I am trying to find seed for the above plant (not sure if it is annual or
perrennial). It is quite rare (not even listed in Mabberley) but it is also
quite lovely. It is grown at the Chelsea Physic Garden but they have no
more seed. I wonder if anyone might be able to let me know any good seed
nurseries that I might be able to try (I have tried the main ones, Thompson,
Chiltern etc but with no success)....

Many thanks

Philip

Old 22-11-2002, 04:30 AM
Hussein M.

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002 14:45:59 +0000 (UTC), "papa"
(remove nospam to reply) wrote:

I am trying to find seed for the above plant (not sure if it is annual or
perrennial). It is quite rare (not even listed in Mabberley) but it is also
quite lovely. It is grown at the Chelsea Physic Garden but they have no
more seed. I wonder if anyone might be able to let me know any good seed
nurseries that I might be able to try (I have tried the main ones, Thompson,
Chiltern etc but with no success)....

Many thanks

Philip

(seeds) from

http://www.alpinegardensociety.org/SeedListFrame.html

Athamanta turbith haynaldii
Athamanta macedonica

(seeds) from

http://www.srgc.org.uk/seed/seedlistcat.htm

Athamanta turbith haynaldii

(plants) from

http://www.beechesnursery.co.uk/Herbaceous/herba.htm

Athamanta turbith haynaldii (£2.75)
Athamanta macedonica arachnoidea (£3.00)

I have just ordered plants from Beeches. You have to write to them as
they don't have on line ordering. I haven't seen what gives as far as
all that is concerned at the Alpine Garden Society and srgc.org (The
Scottish Rock Garden Club).

Hope it helped

Respect

Hussein