Old 05-01-2005, 07:00 PM
Sacha

On 6/1/05 1:37, in article , "goldfinch"
wrote:

There is a photo of a small boy on alt.binaries.pictures.gardens who has
lost his parents.

No one knows which country he comes from. Please have a look and pass it on
to people you know.

I really hope the intentions of the originators are good but is it wise to
post a picture of an unclaimed child in such an alt. group? Just trying to
get it onto my screen - I failed - brought up all kinds of alt.binary
groups which were sex or pornography linked. Thai children are already
being used and abused, bought and sold, offered for adoption. In any case,
I cannot access the group you mention.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 05-01-2005, 07:14 PM
Tumbleweed

"goldfinch" wrote in message
There is a photo of a small boy on alt.binaries.pictures.gardens who has
lost his parents.

No one knows which country he comes from. Please have a look and pass it
on
to people you know.

TIA.

Marina
E. Sx

Sounds like a hoax (typical wording...'pass it on to people you know') and a
very strange way of finding someone in any case; if you were from, say
Bander Aceh (sp?), and had found a kid wandering around, would you be most
likely to post the picture on alt.binaries.pictures.gardens? Somehow, I
think not.

If its a westerner, their relatives will have searched via the normal
channels (embassies etc), if its a local, chances are the survivors of the
devasted fishing villages aren't cruising the net at the moment*. Also, if
its a non-westerner, then he'll likely be from the country he was found in
(probably not many indonesians on holiday in Thailand or vice versa).
--
Tumbleweed
*sarcasm, in case you werent sure, or any Americans reading this

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

Old 05-01-2005, 10:56 PM
Bob Hobden

Marina wrote
There is a photo of a small boy on alt.binaries.pictures.gardens who has
lost his parents.

No one knows which country he comes from. Please have a look and pass it
on
to people you know.

With that colouration I would expect him to be from Scandinavia and would
think posting to their Ng's might prove more productive or perhaps they
should even send it to local newspapers who, I'm sure, would print his
picture.

There are special sites for these "missing people" photos and any remaining
relatives or friends would be looking on there anyway.

--
Regards
Bob

Old 06-01-2005, 02:34 PM
Vera Squire

Just thought youd like to know the appeal was genuine & the little boy in
question has now been claimed by his grandfather. He is Scandinavan. Both
his parents are still missing. It was on the British News yesterday

Old 06-01-2005, 08:20 PM
Tumbleweed

"Vera Squire" wrote in message
Just thought youd like to know the appeal was genuine & the little boy in
question has now been claimed by his grandfather. He is Scandinavan. Both
his parents are still missing. It was on the British News yesterday

got a reference? Lots of stuff has been on the news recently including many
stories on the BBC re a 12 year old scandinavian boy abducted from a
thailand hospital. (untrue apparently)

Not this one was it? (Posted on 28th dec)
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/u...?storyid=29974

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

Old 06-01-2005, 09:09 PM
Lazarus Cooke

In article , Tumbleweed
wrote:

Lots of stuff has been on the news recently including many
stories on the BBC re a 12 year old scandinavian boy abducted from a
thailand hospital. (untrue apparently)

Absolutely. Nasty, these foreigners, aren't they? Whereas look and see
if you can find any stories about how generous we Brits are being.

Remover the rock from the email address
Old 07-01-2005, 04:22 AM
goldfinch

"Vera Squire" wrote in message
Just thought youd like to know the appeal was genuine & the little boy in
question has now been claimed by his grandfather. He is Scandinavan. Both
his parents are still missing. It was on the British News yesterday

Thankyou so much for letting me know, really good news for the family that
at least one member has survived.

Marina
E. Sx