Old 23-11-2002, 01:14 PM
Rosie

Default Dwarf Lilac - seem to have killed it?

I received a Dwarf Lilac from my Mother In Law (via the post from a nursery)
three weeks ago. I planted it out but the green buds have now browned and
the small leaves have also browned. My garden is quite waterlogged due to
the rain at the moment and I'm wondering if this is the cause.

Have I killed it or can I rescue the situation somehow? Could I dig it up
and plant it in a pot with better draining soil? Or is it too late?

Should I just ring the customer services department and demand a
replacement?

Please help because my Mother In Law is visiting in four weeks....

ROSIE

Old 23-11-2002, 01:22 PM
dave @ stejonda

In message , Rosie
writes
I received a Dwarf Lilac from my Mother In Law (via the post from a nursery)
three weeks ago. I planted it out but the green buds have now browned and
the small leaves have also browned. My garden is quite waterlogged due to
the rain at the moment and I'm wondering if this is the cause.

Have I killed it or can I rescue the situation somehow? Could I dig it up
and plant it in a pot with better draining soil? Or is it too late?

A lilac is deciduous so you should expect it to be losing all its leaves
at the moment. On the other hand it probably is not happy sitting in
waterlogged soil especially given that it's just been planted out so
moving it may be a good idea.

--
dave @ stejonda

calculate your ecological footprint http://www.lead.org/leadnet/footprint/
Old 23-11-2002, 01:45 PM
Emrys Davies

'Rosie',

I think that you will get a re-placement quite easily once you have
explained the facts to the nursery, but they may wish to see the plant.
Have a peep for vine weevil larvae.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.