GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Transplant a flowering plant (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/8851-transplant-flowering-plant.html)

sevendwarfs 24-11-2002 06:16 AM

Transplant a flowering plant

Hi,

Is it advisable to transplant a chilli plant to a bigger pot now that it has
started to flower ?

Thanks for your advice,
Jackie

dave @ stejonda 24-11-2002 08:33 AM

Transplant a flowering plant

In message , sevendwarfs
writes

Is it advisable to transplant a chilli plant to a bigger pot now that it has
started to flower ?

Any plant if shocked may drop its flowers - I'd advise to leave it for
now.

--
dave @ stejonda

calculate your ecological footprint http://www.lead.org/leadnet/footprint/

Nick Maclaren 24-11-2002 09:10 PM

Transplant a flowering plant

In article ,
dave @ stejonda wrote:
In message , sevendwarfs
writes

Is it advisable to transplant a chilli plant to a bigger pot now that it has
started to flower ?

Any plant if shocked may drop its flowers - I'd advise to leave it for
now.

Yes. The growing season is over, even if the plant is indoors (too
little light). Don't repot until (say) early March - chillis like
a lot of light.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679