GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mail Order Fruit Trees (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/8852-mail-order-fruit-trees.html)

Pat Gardiner 24-11-2002 08:17 AM

Mail Order Fruit Trees

Has anybody any recommendations for suppliers with a wide range of
varieties?

One supplier was so cavalier with my credit card last year that I won't be
going back again even though the trees were very good.

Over charges, double charges, wrongly added up - a complete muddle - and
very arrogant with it. Why do people do these things?

Others, perfectly good people, have limited selections of varieties, most of
which I already have growing.

Need about 20 this time - the whole range - cherries, apples, pears, plums
etc on various root stocks.

--
Regards Pat Gardiner
www.go-self-sufficient.com

dave @ stejonda 24-11-2002 08:32 AM

Mail Order Fruit Trees

In message , Pat Gardiner
writes
Has anybody any recommendations for suppliers with a wide range of
varieties?

One supplier was so cavalier with my credit card last year that I won't be
going back again even though the trees were very good.

Over charges, double charges, wrongly added up - a complete muddle - and
very arrogant with it. Why do people do these things?

Who? - by email if you prefer

Have you tried Highfields just north of Bristol?

dave @ stejonda

calculate your ecological footprint http://www.lead.org/leadnet/footprint/

Kay Easton 24-11-2002 11:42 AM

Mail Order Fruit Trees

In article , Pat Gardiner
writes
Has anybody any recommendations for suppliers with a wide range of
varieties?

One supplier was so cavalier with my credit card last year that I won't be
going back again even though the trees were very good.

Over charges, double charges, wrongly added up - a complete muddle - and
very arrogant with it. Why do people do these things?

Others, perfectly good people, have limited selections of varieties, most of
which I already have growing.

Need about 20 this time - the whole range - cherries, apples, pears, plums
etc on various root stocks.

Look in the 'unusual apple varieties' thread - Anton has posted a long
list there.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: