Old 10-01-2005, 04:59 PM
vsop

Default PLJ ...ant- botrytis ?

Did anyone else read the article in yesterdays MoS financial paper about the
demise of the firm that makes PLJ lemon juice and that a buyer is being
sought ?
The bit I found interesting was that it said that many gardeners spray PLJ
on their tomato plants to combat botrytis mould......they claim that the
acid kills off the spores !
Has anyone had any experience of this ? I don't have botrytis problems
usually but I wondered if PLJ lemon juice would be effective against White
Fly ?........I'm certainly going to give that one a try this year.
Opinions would be welcome.
vsop

Old 10-01-2005, 05:09 PM
Mike

"vsop" wrote in message
Did anyone else read the article in yesterdays MoS financial paper about

the
demise of the firm that makes PLJ lemon juice and that a buyer is being
sought ?
The bit I found interesting was that it said that many gardeners spray PLJ
on their tomato plants to combat botrytis mould......they claim that the
acid kills off the spores !
Has anyone had any experience of this ? I don't have botrytis problems
usually but I wondered if PLJ lemon juice would be effective against White
Fly ?........I'm certainly going to give that one a try this year.
Opinions would be welcome.
vsop

If you sprayed in the middle of the night, "R.Whites" might be suitable

Mike

Old 10-01-2005, 05:38 PM
Sacha

On 10/1/05 16:59, in article , "vsop"
wrote:

Did anyone else read the article in yesterdays MoS financial paper about the
demise of the firm that makes PLJ lemon juice and that a buyer is being
sought ?
The bit I found interesting was that it said that many gardeners spray PLJ
on their tomato plants to combat botrytis mould......they claim that the
acid kills off the spores !
Has anyone had any experience of this ? I don't have botrytis problems
usually but I wondered if PLJ lemon juice would be effective against White
Fly ?........I'm certainly going to give that one a try this year.
Opinions would be welcome.

Perhaps diluted lemon juice straight from the lemon would work, too - or
that Jif lemon stuff. ;-)
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)

Old 11-01-2005, 04:48 PM
Spider

vsop wrote in message
Did anyone else read the article in yesterdays MoS financial paper about

the
demise of the firm that makes PLJ lemon juice and that a buyer is being
sought ?
The bit I found interesting was that it said that many gardeners spray PLJ
on their tomato plants to combat botrytis mould......they claim that the
acid kills off the spores !
Has anyone had any experience of this ? I don't have botrytis problems
usually but I wondered if PLJ lemon juice would be effective against White
Fly ?........I'm certainly going to give that one a try this year.
Opinions would be welcome.
vsop

I've never heard of the lemon juice cure (whatever the brandname), but I
have read that diluted milk can be used (sprayed on, I imagine) to combat
mildew. Worth a try?
Spider

Old 12-01-2005, 06:23 PM
vsop

"Tom2" wrote in message

Spider Wrote:
...-

-

I've never heard of the lemon juice cure (whatever the brandname), but
have read that diluted milk can be used (sprayed on, I imagine) to
combat
mildew. Worth a try?
Spider

Milk diluted one part to ten of water is a very effective control for
mildew i use it when the need presents itself, but it is imperative
that the milk used is skimmed. milk that is not skimmed has an
adverse effect because of the fat content.
Tom2

I too use the milk spray formula, particularly for black spot on
roses......and I agree about using skimmed milk.
Also, I often use the following recipe successfully although I don't
remember where I got it.........maybe from this NG ?...... if so I apologise
for repeating it ;-

Spray For Mildew and Rust

2 pints Water.
1 tsp Baking Soda.
1 tsp Cooking Oil (any).
2-3 drops of Detergent.

Best prepared luke warm. Do not apply in sunny conditions.

vsop.

Fungicide for botrytis on grape vine Howard Neil United Kingdom 27 10-05-2004 10:07 PM
Botrytis Tom Atkinson United Kingdom 1 10-12-2003 07:05 PM
botrytis on indoor vines Janet Tweedy United Kingdom 0 18-10-2003 09:22 AM
Botrytis, Mancozeb Scopata Fuori Roses 7 30-05-2003 05:32 PM
Botrytis Scopata Fuori Roses 1 28-05-2003 01:08 AM