Old 25-11-2002, 04:11 PM
Carol Russell

Default Passion Flower versus ivy

I have an ivy covered tree and unlike my last ivy covered tree I am going to
leave the ivy on it, but I what I want to know is can I grow a passion
flower up the tree with the ivy, it seems ok to me.

--
Art
Swap seeds at

Old 26-11-2002, 03:12 PM
Victoria Clare

"Carol Russell" wrote in
:

I have an ivy covered tree and unlike my last ivy covered tree I am
going to leave the ivy on it, but I what I want to know is can I grow
a passion flower up the tree with the ivy, it seems ok to me.

I don't see why not if the position is appropriate - but the ivy will be a
lot more robust than the passionflower, so you will probably have to keep
trimming the one and encouraging the other, specially as the ivy is already
well-established.

But if you don't mind giving it fairly regular attention....

Passion flowers tend to be more of a trailer, and ivy more of a clinger, so
I don't see why you shouldn't have the one trailing over the other. The
problem might be placing the passion roots somewhere where they will not be
in direct competition with either the ivy or the tree itself, and ensuring
that the passion flower gets enough sun

--
Victoria Clare
gardening high up in South East Cornwall

Ivy, Ivy & more ivy Roger Tonkin[_2_] United Kingdom 6 08-07-2016 10:48 PM
Tomatoes - Ace versus Early Girl versus ? Dan Musicant Edible Gardening 20 25-03-2010 12:28 PM
IVY IVY IVY JCYates United Kingdom 15 28-08-2008 12:22 PM
Passion Flower Won't Flower .... Larry Stoter United Kingdom 1 29-12-2007 06:34 PM
offer:flower pot,Products including Ceramic Flower Pot,Imitate Porcelain Flower Pot,Wood Flower Pot,Stone Flower Pot,Imitate Stone Flower Pot,Hanging Flower Pot,Flower Pot Wall Hanging,Bonsai Pots,Root Carving&Hydroponics Pots [email protected] Texas 0 07-09-2004 07:55 PM