GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Recs for shrubs? shaded, clay soil... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/8873-recs-shrubs-shaded-clay-soil.html)

Jaffacake 27-11-2002 05:59 PM

Recs for shrubs? shaded, clay soil...

Can anyone help with some plant/shrub recommendations?

Ideally I would like some evergreen shrubs, no more than 2foot spread, any
height - but I'm open to all suggestions...

The area is fully shaded though the light is not too bad, protected by house
walls and 5' fence, little wind. Soil has a lot of clay, so holds water...
pH7.2... ermmm, is that it!!

Thank you!
Lisa

Steve Harris 27-11-2002 09:24 PM

Recs for shrubs? shaded, clay soil...

FAQus Vulgaris :-)

See http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/faqshade.htm

Rodger Whitlock 28-11-2002 12:21 AM

Recs for shrubs? shaded, clay soil...

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002 17:59:13 -0000, "Jaffacake"
wrote:

Can anyone help with some plant/shrub recommendations?

Ideally I would like some evergreen shrubs, no more than 2foot spread, any
height - but I'm open to all suggestions...

The area is fully shaded though the light is not too bad, protected by house
walls and 5' fence, little wind. Soil has a lot of clay, so holds water...
pH7.2... ermmm, is that it!!

Daphne laureola. A weed, admittedly, but a good plant in the
right place.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada