GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lifting bulbs and roses (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/88748-lifting-bulbs-roses.html)

Cuddly 14-01-2005 10:37 AM

Lifting bulbs and roses

My front garden is in real need of a make over,i would like to rescue as
much as i can to replant,when is the best time to lift bulbs and roses?

Robert 14-01-2005 06:22 PM

"Cuddly" wrote in message
: My front garden is in real need of a make over,i would like to rescue as
: much as i can to replant,when is the best time to lift bulbs and roses?
:
The best time for roses is autumn and now. With bulbs it depends which sort.
If you mean daffodils and crocuses etc., the best time is at least 6 weeks
after the flowers die off, later if possible