GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How do you deal with whitefly in a sunlounge over winter? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/88867-how-do-you-deal-whitefly-sunlounge-over-winter.html)

David W.E. Roberts 17-01-2005 12:09 PM

How do you deal with whitefly in a sunlounge over winter?

Hi,

I have a few plants in from outside at the moment - some sweet peppers, a
lemon tree.

As usual, they seem fine outside but once inside they are covered with
whitefly.

Apart from nasty systemics, is there any way to protect against whitefly?

The sunlounge is south facing, and therfore gets very warm on sunny days,
but is unheated and so gets quite cool at night, but never freezes.

TIA
Dave R

[email protected] 17-01-2005 01:48 PM

David W.E. Roberts wrote:
Apart from nasty systemics, is there any way to protect against

whitefly?

well, there is Encarsia formosa but I don't know if they are available
all year round. Try some pale yellow card with vaseline on. it won't
get all of them, but you'll feel better about it.