GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   truffle trees (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/88907-truffle-trees.html)

Klara 18-01-2005 05:04 PM

truffle trees

Does anyone know anything about these? They have been in the news a bit
lately. We would have loved to have tried them - but, alas, our soil
here is very acid, and we are surrounded by oaks, both of which would
mean that our chances of success would be very low indeed.

Undaunted, we gave a couple of them as Christmas presents instead. They
certainly made a talking point, at least, but I wonder whether our
presents will turn out to have been just very expensive oak/hazel (one
of each) whips?

Wouldn't it be fun, though, if it worked?

--
Klara, Gatwick basin

The Reids 19-01-2005 04:56 PM

Following up to Klara

Undaunted, we gave a couple of them as Christmas presents instead. They
certainly made a talking point, at least, but I wonder whether our
presents will turn out to have been just very expensive oak/hazel (one
of each) whips?

Wouldn't it be fun, though, if it worked?

very profitable too, I think the current price for white is £3000
a kilo.
--
Mike Reid
Wasdale-Thames path-London-photos "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site